- Hit points: 110 hp * 2 (damage immunity) = 220 (CR 10)
- AC is 13 + 2 (Magic Resistance) = 15. This is a difference of 2 from the expected AC. We adjust the DCR up by (2÷2) = 1 (CR 1)
- Defensive Challenge Rating: (CR 11)
- Best average damage for one round is 23 (one with its fire ray and one with its talons), plus 5 fire damage. It also deal 11 fire damage because Fire Ray. So we factor that in by taking the average over three rounds. (34 + 34 + 34) ÷ 3 = (34). This gives us an OCR of 5 and an expected attack bonus of +3.
- The actual attack bonus is +3. No difference.
- Offensive Challenge Rating: (CR 5)
- Final CR is (11+5)÷2 = (8)
- It's only a single damage immunity, so use the multiplier for resistances instead. DCR is 7.
- So the final CR is 6.
- Since the rejuvenation happens out of combat, I suggest moving that to the general description rather than the statblock.
- By the way, have you ever seen the 1st edition pheonix? (it's in the Monster Manual II) It would certainly be a legendary creature. It's a fun read. It can dispel magic with its wings, cast lots of spells, can travel ethereally and astrally, its spilled blood becomes fire seeds. Of note though, it has to decide to immolate itself (in a fire storm) when near death in order to leave an egg behind. Marasmusine (talk) 01:57, 4 August 2015 (MDT)
- Well, I was planing to give him similar origins as the dragons, and it goes stronger with age. Azernath (talk) 09:49, 4 August 2015 (MDT)
- Dear Kaplosion, if you have any changes, please do share so that we can both try to put them without changing the DC too much? Azernath (talk) 08:14, 12 February 2016 (MST)
If this is a young phoenix, what are the stats for older ones? SirSprinkles (talk) 22:43, 25 June 2016 (MDT)
- They are left out at the moment; however, if you want it then I can make the other versions. Azernath (talk) 04:33, 26 June 2016 (MDT)
Why does the beak deal slashing damage? Every other creature with a beak attack that I am aware of deals piercing damage. SirSprinkles (talk) 19:05, 5 July 2016 (MDT)
- Simple mistake from my side if you want to fix it then go a head I am a bit busy to start fix thing with this creature; however, just do what you think is right and we will see what we can do. Azernath (talk) 19:36, 5 July 2016 (MDT)
- Alright. SirSprinkles (talk) 21:37, 5 July 2016 (MDT)