Talk:Player Customizable Variant Races (5e Variant Rule)
From D&D Wiki
- Dwarf: 2.5-6.5 base, 3.5-8 including subrace (Median 5.75)
- Hill Dwarf: +1.5
- Mountain Dwarf: +1
- Elf: 2.5-6.5 base, 4-8.5 including subrace (Median 6.25)
- High Elf: +1.5
- Wood Elf: +1.5
- Drow: +2
- Hafling: 2.5-4.5 base, 3-5 including subrace (Median 4)
- Lightfoot Halfling: +0.5
- Stout Halfling: +0.5
- Human (included for comparison): 2.5-6.5 (Median 4.5)
- Dragonborn: 5-7 (Median 6)
- Gnome: 3.5-5.5 base, 4-6.5 including subrace (Median 5.25)
- Forest Gnome: +1
- Rock Gnome: +0.5
- Half-Elf: 5.5-7.5 (Median 6.5)
- Half-Orc: 6-8 (Median 7)
- Tiefling: 5.5-7.5 (Median 6.5)
Bumped up Musicus' score for Savage Attacks from 0.5 to 1, and bumped up Musicus' score for breath weapon from 1 to 1.5 to accommodate their changes. Other than that, used scores from Musicus' race breakdown. Feel free to check my math, I suck at it.
I'm not sure what number target I should be shooting for, considering the "vanilla" races I'm making variants of go above 6 on Musicus's Meter. I tried my best to get their median scores as close to the 4-6 range as possible, without re-balancing the races.
BTW, how's the formatting? My first page, still figuring it out. I decided to lump these pages together so I don't have to copy/paste the same paragraphs at the top of each, but that made it hard to categorize.
188.8.131.52 11:17, 9 December 2016 (MST)