Talk:Limb Wounds/Conditions (5e Variant Rule)
From D&D Wiki
I think you should look more closely at how a creature's physiology effects things. For example, shouldn't the size of a creature effect the damage thresholds for piercing or de-limbing? Do undead bleed? Should bludgeoning a hydra still daze it, since it has lots of heads? (By the way, 5e doesn't have a "daze" condition, you're thinking of 3rd edition). Marasmusine (talk) 04:18, 17 July 2016 (MDT)
I'll add a change to making every size larger getting a +2 to the DC, While every size smaller then medium getting a -2, Certain undeads (Like vampires and whatnot) Have a contaminated blood, So they should be able to bleed, Skeletons can't. And managing to bludgeon all of a hydras heads should be able to daze it. I'll fix the daze condition so it can be stated on what it does Thanks for the Analysis GR1ZZLY B34R (talk) 04:35, 17 July 2016 (MDT)
- Wait, there's more!
- Damage and hit points scale up as level increases, but your damage thresholds are fixed values (such that at higher levels these special effects will happen routinely, but the corresponding hit point increase of creatures doesn't counter this)
- If I pierce a gargantuan creatures, my weapon has a reach of 25 feet to hit a creature behind?
- Specters (and similar creatures) are immune to the unconscious condition. Can you still bludgeon them to daze them or put them in a coma?
- What about swarms, should they be immune to the dazing, bleeding and piercing effects?
- The pierce mentions arrows, but what about bolts, darts, etc? Marasmusine (talk) 05:03, 17 July 2016 (MDT)
- May I ask how familiar you are with 5th edition? There is already a prone condition (PHB 292), and many of the injuries you are describing are in the optional injury rules in the DMG (p, 272). Marasmusine (talk) 05:40, 17 July 2016 (MDT)
I'm just reinstating the conditions, Theres plenty more that needs to be pointed out, some of these conditions are remade to fit the flow of the rule. Anyways, thanks for the review, I greatly appreciate it. GR1ZZLY B34R (talk) 19:38, 17 July 2016 (MDT)