Soul Jumper/The Willful (3.5e Racial Class)
From D&D Wiki
Soul Jumper/The Willful
This is a class/race combo. Do not choose a race or class when creating a Soul Jumper. It is both a race and class all on its own. Can not have any other classes
Soul Jumpers are just entities. Their original bodies are mannequin-like with little features as if they were the base model for humanity itself. They do not need their original bodies to survive. When their body becomes too damaged they simply steal some other creature's body through sheer mental power. Because these souls do not actually belong in the bodies they steal, they cannot naturally heal them over time. Only by magic can their bodies be repaired. The body is all that takes damage unless the attack specifically attacks the mind or soul and not the actual physical being. The mind, being one with the soul, is all that is transferred to the new body. No physicaltraits will matter as Soul Jumpers use their temporary vessels for physical power.
Soul jumpers can and usually will travel with who ever or whatever they like. Class, race, or alignment of allies just depends on preference.
- Soul Jumpers can be of any alignment.
- Soul Jumpers can believe in any deity they like.
- Soul Jumpers can and will be multiple races over short amounts of time. Their base bodies have no positives or negatives being basic.
- Wisdom is the most important to a Soul Jumper because it involves "Will" which determines your ability to battle the subject's mind to take over the body. Intelligence is the second and almost only other ability that matters. It determines your skill points and knowledge. You should hope for a high Dexterity in a body because Soul Jumping is a ranged touch attack. Saves stay with the soul.
|Level||Hit Dice||BAB||Fort||Ref||Will||Skill Points||CR||Special|
|1||1d6||+1||+1||+1||+1||8 + Intelligence modifier x 4||-||Soul Jump, Unaging, Zombie Body|
|2||1d6||+2||+1||+1||+1||8 + Intelligence modifier||-||Fearless, Tireless|
|3||1d6||+3||+1||+1||+2||8 + Intelligence modifier||-||-|
|4||1d6||+4||+1||+1||+2||8 + Intelligence modifier||-||Will Up|
|5||1d6||+5||+2||+2||+3||8 + Intelligence modifier||-||-|
|6||1d6||+6+1||+2||+2||+3||8 + Intelligence modifier||-||Mind Over Matter|
|7||1d6||+7+2||+2||+2||+4||8 + Intelligence modifier||-||-|
|8||1d6||+8+3||+2||+2||+4||8 + Intelligence modifier||-||Quick Thinking, Will Up|
|9||1d6||+9+4||+3||+3||+5||8 + Intelligence modifier||-||-|
|10||1d6||+10+5||+3||+3||+5||8 + Intelligence modifier||-||Basic Memory|
|11||1d6||+11+6+1||+3||+3||+6||8 + Intelligence modifier||-||-|
|12||1d6||+12+7+2||+3||+3||+6||8 + Intelligence modifier||-||Will Up|
|13||1d6||+13+8+3||+4||+4||+7||8 + Intelligence modifier||-||-|
|14||1d6||+14+9+4||+4||+4||+7||8 + Intelligence modifier||-||-|
|15||1d6||+15+10+5||+4||+4||+8||8 + Intelligence modifier||-||-|
|16||1d6||+16+11+6+1||+4||+4||+8||8 + Intelligence modifier||-||Will Up|
|17||1d6||+17+12+7+2||+5||+5||+9||8 + Intelligence modifier||-||-|
|18||1d6||+18+13+8+3||+5||+5||+9||8 + Intelligence modifier||-||-|
|19||1d6||+19+14+9+4||+6||+6||+10||8 + Intelligence modifier||-||-|
|20||1d6||+20+15+10+5||+6||+6||+10||8 + Intelligence modifier||-||Will Up|
Skills: Appraise, Craft (Any), Decipher Script, Disable Device, Forgery, Heal, Knowledge (Any),Listen, Profession (Any), Search, Sense Motive, Spell Craft, Spot, and Survival.
Starting Gold: 6d6x10
Proficiencies: All simple and martial weapons. All types of armor and shield.(current body may affect usage).
Soul Jump: Ranged touch attack shoots soul into target. "Will" check forces target soul into player's previous body. If the "Will" check fails, the contested body is paralyzed because the player's and target's mind are in a battle for control. "Will" check next round to take over and force the target mind out. Causes confusion and sometimes fear to the target. Must be 30ft or closer and in line of vision. If the ranged touch attack fails, you are thrown back into your old body with 1d6 damage against you from the force. If forced from a body by "death" you must instantly, as a free action, try to steal another body or your soul departs. Crit is 20. No damage. Gives +2 "Will" on soul swap roll.
Unaging: Taken body no longer ages, grows, or heals unless by magic.
Zombie Body: Can fight until -15 hp before being forced from the body. -15 is when the body is too damaged to move. Intelligence check on anyone who sees you to realize you shouldn't be able to move. Will save at -10 to -14 for anyone who can see you to be feared that you are ragged and supposed to be obviously dead from your wounds(Will + 10 + 1 per hp under -9. Ex: -10=11+will, -11=12+will, and so on)
Fearless: Uneffected by natural fear. "Will" save negates magic fear.
Tireless: The body will tire, but not the mind.
Will Up: +1 to "Will" save.
Mind Over Matter: +1 Strength in any body.
Quick Thinking: +1 to Dexterity in any body.
Basic Memory: Know basic information of whoever used to inhabit current body.
Spells are gained in accordance with the following list. All spells are 1/per day.
- Level 2
Inception: Plant minor thoughts in subject's mind while they sleep. "Will" roll negates. Roll halved from sleeping.*Mind Read: Reads subject's surface thoughts. "Will" negates.
- Level 4
- Confusion: Confuses subject to stop fighting or attack its allies. Lasts until target is struck or "Will" saves mind.
- WILLow Tree: Heal those under it by caster's "Will" power. Lasts as long as caster stays under tree.
- Level 6
- WILLting Heart: Cuts target's "Will" in half. Lasts 2 rounds per caster level. "Will" negates
- WILLting Mind: Cuts target's "Wisdom" in half. Lasts 2 rounds per caster level. "Will" negates.
- Level 8
- Comatose: Shut down target's control of body, forcing it to sleep. "Will" save negates.
- Soul Sword: Hurt Intelligence, Wisdom, and Will, but not the physical body. Cast onto weapon or hand.
- Level 10
- Eraser: Destroy soul instead of force it out. Subject "Will" save halves damage done.
- Level 12
- Absorb: Instead of forcing the soul out, caster can absorb it for health total to the caster's level plus his or her Wisdom modifier.
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Homebrew → Classes → Racial Classes