Sorcerous Knight (5e Subclass)
From D&D Wiki
|This material is published under the OGL|
Despite working toward mastering your martial abilities for years, sorcerous powers have awoken in your blood, but this ability is weaker in you than in most and cannot serve as your main offense or defense. Therefore, you have decided to focus this newfound ability into your martial training and become something not quite either but with some of the strengths of both.
|—Spell Slots per Spell Level—|
When you reach 3rd level, you augment your martial prowess with the ability to cast spells.
- Cantrips. You learn three cantrips of your choice from the sorcerer spell list. You learn an additional sorcerer cantrip of your choice at 10th level.
- Spell Slots. The Sorcerous Knight Spellcasting table shows how many spell slots you have to cast your spells of 1st level and higher. To cast one of these spells, you must expend a slot of the spell's level or higher. You regain all expended spell slots when you finish a long rest.
- Spells Known of 1st-Level and Higher. You know two 1st-level sorcerer spells of your choice.
- The Spells Known column of the Sorcerous Knight Spellcasting table shows when you learn more sorcerer spells of 1st level or higher.
- Whenever you gain a level in this class, you can replace one of the sorcerer spells you know with another spell of your choice from the sorcerer spell list. The new spell must be of a level for which you have spell slots.
- Spellcasting Ability. Charisma is your spellcasting ability for your sorcerer spells, since the power of your magic depends on your ability to exert your will on the world. You use your Charisma whenever a spell refers to your spellcasting ability. In addition, you use your Charisma modifier when setting the saving throw DC for a sorcerer spell you cast and when making an attack roll with one.
- Spell save DC = 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Charisma modifier
- Spell attack modifier = your proficiency bonus + your Charisma modifier
When you choose this subclass at 3rd level, you tap into a deep wellspring of magic within yourself. This wellspring is represented by sorcery points, which allow you to create a variety of magical effects. This feature functions exactly like the sorcerer class feature of the same name, except that you use the number in the Sorcery Points column of the Sorcerous Knight table, not the Sorcerer table.
Also 3rd level, choose one metamagic option from the list available to the sorcerer class. You gain another one at 17th level
- War Magic
Beginning at 7th level, when you use your action to cast a cantrip, you can make one weapon attack as a bonus action.
- Minor Bloodline
At 10th level you may pick a Sorcerous Origin from the Sorcerer class and gain its 1st level feature.
- Sorcerous Surge
Starting at 15th level, whenever you use your Action Surge feature, you can regain sorcery points equal to your charisma modifier (minimum of 1).
- Greater Metamagic
Starting at 18th level, whenever you use a metamagic option it costs one less sorcery point.