Shadow Nekomata (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Shadow Nekomata are at home in the darkness, preferring areas with dim lighting. Though not opposed to daylight strolls they prefer to conduct most of their daily activities at night. They often are overly curious which can get them into unexpected trouble. They will help sometimes others, either out of curiosity, boredom, or for a price. Shadow Nekomata find the lives of others expendable.
Shadow Nekomata vary in size, depending on which form they take at the time. They have a small form, which assists them during more sneaky activities, a medium form which is commonly used in every day activities, and a large form used mainly for combat. Their heights range from 2 feet tall to 14 feet tall. Regardless of form their weight remains the same, averaging 250 for females 300 for males. Shadow Nekomata have large cat ears atop their head, 2 long cat tails, sharp claws on both their hands and feet, and sharp teeth. They have a human-like face and body, with fur that partially covers their chests and backs, their lower body is covered in fur, and their heads have long flowing fur similar to hair. Their fur and eye colors are limited to that of any feline large or small.
Shadow Nekomata have a hatred of the divine, and any of their offspring. They enjoy the company of races that can entertain them.
Shadow Nekomata are always evil, typically being Chaotic Evil. It is rare for a Shadow Nekomata to be Lawful Evil but does happen.(any)very rare any other alignment
Shadow Nekomata have no place they call home, believed to be the work/spawn of Nox and Baphomet they simply appeared one day around the world, they are a rarity.
Shadow Nekomata have no formal religion, they are sometimes known for seeking out guidance from either Nox or Baphomet.
Common, Abyssal, and Feline
Shadow Nekomata choose their own name and change it as they see fit should they become bored with it.
- HD 5d10. Base attack bonus of +5. +8 Strength, +12 Dexterity, +6 Constitution, +4 Intelligence, +6 Wisdom, +16 Charisma : Shadow Nekomata are extremely strong from their demonic blood, their demonic background also enhances their natural cat nimbleness and survivability. Their curiosity often leads they astray and often they suffer from lack of thinking things through. With their ability to alter their size they have some control over their own looks and can eliminate what they find as flaws, or enhance themselves should they feel they are lacking but do not have enough control to change their shape.
- Humanoid (Demon, Feline): Feline demon born of shadows
- Small, Medium, and Large: Small size bonuses +4 hide +1 AC +1 Attack. Medium size bonus none. Large size bonus -1 Attack -1 AC -4 hide
- Shadow Nekomata base land speed is 50 feet: Swim speed of 30 Climb Speed of 30
- Darkvision 120 : Can see in the dark up to 120 feet.
- Fearless (Su) : Immunity to fear effects
- Breathless (Ex) : Shadow Nekomata do not need to breath, but do not know they possess the ability to survive without it. If an event causes them to start to suffocate, such as being trapped underwater, they suffer no penalties or damage and after such an event has concluded are granted a DC 16 intelligence check to gain knowledge of this ability. If another person watches them during this event they are granted the intelligence check as well but do not have to tell the Shadow Nekomata that they know.
- Curiosity (Su) : Even against your better judgement things that peek your interest cause a need for you to know, such as what secrets someone might be hiding or what the inside of that house looks like or even if humans taste better cooked.
- Prideful Beauty (Ex) : You are proud of your beauty and those that insult your looks rarely survive such an affront, if they have not corrected the error and appeased you with a gift within 10 rounds you become enraged and assault the offender until their death or your own. Should the person have insulted you by accident or you have misunderstood what their words meant this ability does not activate, though you may assault them anyways should you choose. Those you trust do not trigger this ability when they jest.
- Shadow Flight (Su) : As a full round action the Shadow Nekomata grows wings made of shadows which grant her Flight with Good maneuverability and a speed of 80. This ability is usable 3 times per day with a duration of 1 minute per level per use. This ability cannot be used in direct sunlight or during an effect that mimics the sun. The wings can support the Shadow Nekomata and their belongings but is not strong enough to take any Small or larger creatures with them.
- Shadow Armor (Su) : As a Full round action the Shadow Nekomata cloaks themselves in shadows giving them a deflection bonus to AC equal to the highest armor they could wear, and grants full concealment in low light areas. This ability is usable a number of times per day equal to your charisma modifier. This ability cannot be used in direct sunlight or during an effect that mimics the sun.
- Shadow Lifeline (Ex) : Upon taking fatal damage that would result in death the Shadow Nekomatas body fades into the shadows and is transported to what it would consider the safest location within 5 miles. Once there the body is remade in a weakened state all of its ability scores are temporarily lowered by 15 but cannot go below 10 ability scores under 10 are unaffected, they lose all shadow manipulation abilities, and Shadow Lifeline cannot be used while weakened. The Shadow Nekomata must than rest for 24 hours to restore itself, upon the rest finishing all abilities return and ability scores are restored to normal.
- Demon Blood (Ex) : Shadow Nekomata gain fast healing 5 + their level from their demon blood. They are immune to electricity and poisons and also gain DR 10/Holy, have 10 resistance to fire, cold and acid, and have a weakness to holy and take double damage from any holy source. They have telepathy within 100 feet.
- Damnation (Su) : Upon death a Shadow Nekomatas soul is dragged down to hell
- Shadow Walk (Su) : Shadow Nekomata can walk into shadows and move through them at her normal land speed. She cannot teleport from shadow to shadow and must have them connect if she wishes to move to another shadow without leaving the shadow.
- Shadow Storage (Ex) : The Shadow Nekomata can store her belongings in her shadow. Her shadow is considered a pocket dimension with no limit to how much it can contain though the object must fit through her shadow and as such cannot exceed their own size at the time, even should they increase the size of the shadow using the lighting. Living beings cannot be put in their shadow against their will, willing living beings cannot exit without assistance from the Shadow Nekomata, should the Shadow Nekomata die those in their shadow cannot escape.
- Alter Form (Su) : The Shadow Nekomata alters their form to suit their current needs. These forms come in changes to their size, capabilities, and minor changes to their looks that remove flaws to their beauty. They have their small form which improves their abilities to sneak around they gain a +10 to hide and move silently, and a +5 to sleight of hand. Their small size limits their Strength and Constitution scores to 20, for every 2 points reduced from their scores they add 1 to their Dexterity and for every 4 points they add 1 to their Hide and Move Silently. Their Medium Form has no additional bonuses or weaknesses but can help them fit in better with those around them should they have need to do so. Their Large Form improves their fighting capabilities as well as how menacing they can be. Their large form limits their Dexterity score to 10 but for every 2 points it is reduced by they increase their Natural Armor AC, Attack Bonus and Strength by 1, they add 1 to their Intimidate for every point. Changing forms is a full round action that provokes attacks of opportunity.
- Tooth and claw (Su) : The Sharp Fangs and Teeth of a Shadow Nekomata can be used as weapons. The form the Shadow Nekomata is currently in affects the Strength modifier added to the damage of their teeth and claws, Small form deal 1/2 Strength Modifier, Medium Deals regular Strength Modifier, Large deals 1-1/2 Strength Modifier. Their Claws Deal 3d6, Their Bite Deals 2d8. For a Full Round Action they can attack using both claws and a bite, should they hit with all 3 attacks they may attempt a grapple on the opponent if the grapple succeeds they may use their legs to deal 2 more claw attacks.
- Desperate Shadow (Ex) : In emergencies the Shadow Nekomata can create a shadow barrier in a 30 foot radius around them, the barrier blocks out all light. Darkvision still works within the barrier, but regardless it gives full concealment to the Shadow Nekomata. This ability lasts for 1 hour and follows the Shadow Nekomata unless they decide to end it early. This ability is usable while in their weakened state but doubles the recovery time. Upon the ability ending the if the Shadow Nekomata is not currently in their weakened state they are forced into their weakened state but only requires 8 hours of rest to recover. This ability is usable once per week and is often saved as a final desperate move.
- Spell-Like Ability: 5/day — Hold Person (Uses shadows. Unusable in direct sunlight or effects that mimic the sun) . Caster level is Current level . The save DC is Charisma-based.
- Spell-Like Ability: 2/day — Mass Hold Person (Uses shadows. Unusable in direct sunlight or effects that mimic the sun) . Caster level is Current Level . The save DC is Charisma-based.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Abyssal, and Feline Bonus Languages: Any.
- Favored Class: Fighter, Rogue.
- Level Adjustment: 9+
|16 years||+ 1d6||+ 2d6||+ 3d6|
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|200 years||500 years||1000 years||+ 1250 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||2 feet for small form, 6 feet for medium form, 13 feet for large form. 0 inches all forms "||+ 2d6||270 lb.||× ( 5 ) lb.|
|Female||2 feet for small form, 6 feet for medium form, 13 feet for large form. 0 inches all forms "||+ 1d10||225 lb.||× (5 ) lb.|