Serpent-Fang Warrior (3.5e Alternate Class Feature)
From D&D Wiki
Through monastic training, the Warblade's focus becomes much more defined. He specializes in only two weapons and learns how to predict the battlefield through his keen intellect and battle prowess.
Replaces: Armour Proficiency(Medium), Shield Proficiency, Weapon Proficiency(Martial), Weapon Aptitude, Uncanny Dodge, Bonus Feat (5th), Improved Uncanny Dodge, Bonus Feat (9th)
Benefit: Instead of the benefits listed above, the Warblade gets:
- Armour Proficiency: The Warblade is not proficient in medium armour or shields.
- Weapon Proficiency: The Warblade is only proficient in simple weapons and a single martial weapon.
- Unarmed Training: At first level, instead of Weapon Aptitude, the Warblade gains Improved Unarmed Strike and the ability to focus their unarmed strike through a select weapon. The Warblade can choose any weapon they are proficient with. This weapon's attack is treated as though the Warblade's unarmed strike for attack, damage and special abilities that rely on unarmed strikes. After this weapon is chosen, it cannot be changed and an Aptitude Weapon cannot be used in place of this special weapon. This ability only applies when the Warblade is using light or no armour.
- Evasion: At second level, the Warblade is granted Evasion (as the Rogue ability), instead of Uncanny Dodge. This ability only works in light or no armour.
- Unarmed Damage: At fifth level, replacing the bonus feat, the Warblade gains the unarmed damage of a Monk. To determine unarmed damage, his monk level is equal to his Warblade level -5. This ability works only while the Warblade is wearing light or no armour and holding no shield. This damage can be channelled through the Warblade's chosen weapon.
- AC Bonus: At sixth level, replacing Improved Uncanny Dodge, the Warblade gains the AC Bonus of a Monk except that it works in light and no armour. The bonus is determined by intelligence instead of wisdom. The Warblade's monk level to determine the AC Bonus is equal to the Warblade's level -5. This ability does not work while the Warblade is holding a shield.
- Improved Evasion: At ninth level, replacing the bonus feat granted, the Warblade gains Improved Evasion (as the Rogue ability).