Seraphim (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Most Seraphim are protective and righteous, always looking to protect the weak and vanquish evil. They are leaders and caretakers, the first to come to the defense of those in need.
Seraphim range anywhere from six to eight feet tall and usually weigh between one hundred eighty and two hundred eighty pounds. The skin color of a Seraphim varies just as much as it does for humans, with the addition of ebony, marble and jet black, depending on parentage. Most Seraphim have iridescent yellow or white eyes, a display of their holiness to the world around them, but it isn't uncommon to see green or blue eyes, as well. Hair color is highly variable, though the most common colors are black, white and blonde. Seraphim bear feathery wings on their back, a sign of their status as angels of heaven. The color of the feathers are almost always white, though more rarely can be gray, black and even brown.
Seraphim rarely interact with other races; they sparingly leave the realms of heaven, and even if they do, they keep to themselves in order to do their job better. Seraphim that have interacted with others are told that they can be condescending and blunt at times; it is obvious that they are not gifted with people skills.
Seraphim are always any non-evil alignment and are most commonly Lawful Good, though there are notable exceptions.
They are most comfortable in the Outer Planes that they call home, though they are fine just walking the material plane as well.
Seraphim don't practice a religion, usually. They don't have time for such activities, as the righteous protection of the masses takes priority over even personal endeavors.
Seraphim always speak Celestial, as it is the most common language used between Good Outsiders. Other languages of note that they may know are Draconic, Aquan, Auran, Ignan, Terran and Sylvan, though they can learn any of the languages, if they apply themselves.
Names for Seraphim tend to come from famous Seraphim of the past.
Examples Male - Leo, Aralim, Ezekiel, Zakum, Onoel, Abraxos, Abbadon Unisex - Asrael, Mihr, Aarin, Hadriel, Ambriel, Adoel Female - Thalia, Anahita, Iaoth, Uriel, Pamyel, Miniel, Layla
- +6 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, -4 Charisma, -4 Constitution, -2 Intelligence: Seraphim are wise beyond their years, agile and swift on the wing and incredibly strong. However, even though they are the protectors of the realm, the tend to be fairly fragile and they aren't well versed socially, and their intelligence is too focused on protection to allow room for much else.
- Outsider (Good, Angel); they gain the 'Extraplanar' subtype when anywhere other than the Outer Planes: Seraphim are angels.
- Medium: As a Medium-sized creature, Seraphim do not gain any bonuses or garner any penalties due to size.
- Seraphim base land speed is 30 feet: Fly 60 feet (Good)
- +2 Racial Bonus to Spot and Listen Checks
- Darkvision out to 60ft
- Ageless: Seraphim are angels of the Outer Planes; they have longer lifespans than most beings and time is much kinder on them than others. While they can still die from old age, the effects of aging are much lighter than most other races.
- Daylight: 1/day— As the Daylight spell. Caster level is equal to half of the Seraphim's class levels. The save DC is Wisdom-based.
- Automatic Languages: Celestial, Draconic Bonus Languages: Any but secret.
- Favored Class: Cleric
- Level Adjustment: +2
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|300 years||500 years||1000 years||+5d% years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||6' 0"||+2d12||200 lb.||+4d20 lb.|
|Female||6'0"||+2d12||180 lb.||+5d20 lb.|