School of Divination, Variant (5e Subclass)
From D&D Wiki
School of Divination, Variant
The counsel of a diviner is sought by royalty and commoners alike, for all seek a clearer understanding of the past, present, and future. As a diviner, you strive to part the veils of space, time, and consciousness so that you can see clearly. You work to master spells of discernment, remote viewing, supernatural knowledge, and foresight.
- Divination Savant
Beginning when you select this school at 2nd level, the gold and time you must spend to copy a divination spell into your spellbook is halved.
Starting at 2nd level when you choose this school, glimpses of the future begin to press in on your awareness. When you finish a long rest, roll a d20 and record the number rolled. You can replace any attack roll, saving throw, or ability check made by you or a creature that you can see with this foretelling rolls. You must choose to do so before the roll, and you can replace a roll in this way only once per turn.
Each foretelling roll can be used only once. When you finish a long rest, you lose any unused foretelling rolls.
When you reach 6th, 10th, and 14th levels in this class, you gain an additional portent. You roll another die and record the result in this way for each portent you have.
- Student of Runekeeping
Starting at 2nd level, you add the Detect Magic and Identify spells to your spellbook. These spells are always prepared, and you can cast them as rituals without requiring material components.
Starting at 10th level, you add Rary's Telepathic Bond to your spellbook, have it always prepared, and can cast it as a ritual in this way.
- Expert Divination
Beginning at 6th level, casting divination spells comes so easily to you that it expends only a fraction of your spellcasting efforts. When you cast a divination spell of 2nd level or higher using a spell slot, you regain one expended spell slot. The slot you regain must be of a level lower than the spell you cast and can't be higher than 5th level.
- The Third Eye
Starting at 10th level, you can use your action to increase your powers of perception. When you do so, choose one of the following benefits, which lasts until you are incapacitated or you take a short or long rest. You can't use the feature again until you finish a rest.
- Darkvision. You gain darkvision out to a range of 60 feet.
- Ethereal Sight. You can see into the Ethereal Plane within 60 feet of you.
- Greater Comprehension. You can read any language.
- See Invisibility. You can see invisible creatures and objects within 10 feet of you that are within line of sight.
- Improved Portent
Starting at 14th level, your portents become more powerful as you get visions of the future in the middle of your daily life. While this might be debilitating in some respects, it comes with benefits:
- You can use any number of your portents during a turn.
- Whenever you would use a portent, you can expend your reaction to capture a vision of the future as that portent is used. If you do, the roll that would be replaced is rolled, and you take the result as a new portent. Once you use your reaction in this way, you can't use portents again until the start of your next turn.