Savannah Elves (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Savannah elves are fiercely loyal to their family and their tribe. Whether it be something small like helping out with chores, or something life threatening, they are always willing to help each other. They live in close communities, so they have little problem sharing.
Your typical savannah elf stands slightly taller than most elves, and they are also more athletic. Their height is due in part to their longer legs, which also provide them with longer strides. Their skin tends toward shades of tan with light brown hair so as to blend in with their surroundings better. But the most striking feature about them is their eyes. Their eyes are of a bright gold color, and almost seem to glow.
Savannah elves greatly distrust strangers, especially those who would encroach on their land and use their resources. An exception is made for the savage tribes of halflings which they share their land with. They are admired for their commitment to the hunt, and their ability to master dangerous animals given their size.
Savannah elves lean towards a chaos, for they feel that strict laws are not natural, therefore the way of the city dwellers. But they also lean towards good, as they all need to work together to survive.
Savannah elves like broad plains where they can run without being hindered by undergrowth an trees. But they also like lots of grass so they can sneak up on their quarry.
They tend to revere spirits of the sun, hunting, animals, and, in times of drought, water spirits. To them, it isn't religion, it's asking favors from the spirits when they need it most. They believe that for every favor you ask of them, they will cause a disaster twice as powerful as your need, so it isn't very often that they perform spiritual ceremonies.
They speak common and a rough form of elvish they developed in isolation from other elves.
When a savannah elf reaches the age of 5, he/she is given a name based on their unique qualities they possess. Before that they are referred to as younglings. When he/she reaches physical maturity, they bear the name of the tribe.
- +2 Constitution, -2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma: They possess great stamina, but lack the education and social skills of their elvish kin.
- Humanoid (Elf):
- Medium: As medium creatures, savannah elves receive no benefits due to their size.
- A savannah elf's base land speed is 35 feet.
- Spear Proficiency: Savannah elves are automatically proficient with the spear, short spear, and the long spear.
- Sprint: Once per day, a savannah elf can run up to six times his/her base land speed; this leaves the elf exhausted. This does not stack with any other run speed improving feats or abilities and cannot be used while wearing medium or heavy armor, or while carrying a medium or heavy load.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Elven Bonus Languages: Halfling, Dwarven, and Raptoran.
- Favored Class: Scout
|24 years||+1d4 - Barbarian, Rogue, and Sorcerer||+1d6 Bard, Fighter, Paladin, and Ranger||+2d6 Cleric, Druid, Monk, and Wizard|
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|175 years||263 years||350 years||+4d% years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 6"||+2d8||85 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|
|Female||4' 5"||+2d8||80 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|