From D&D Wiki
|This material is published under the OGL 1.0a.|
Also see the minotaur creature listing.
A minotaur stands more than 7 feet tall and weighs about 700 pounds.
- +8 Strength, +4 Constitution, –4 Intelligence (minimum 3), –2 Charisma.
- Monstrous Humanoid
- Large size: –1 penalty to Armor Class, –1 penalty on attack rolls, –4 penalty on Hide checks, +4 bonus on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits double those of Medium characters.
- Space/Reach: 10 feet/10 feet.
- A minotaur’s base land speed is 30 feet.
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- Racial Hit Dice: A minotaur begins with six levels of monstrous humanoid, which provide 6d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +6, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +2, Ref +5, and Will +5.
- Racial Skills: A minotaur’s monstrous humanoid levels give it skill points equal to 9 × (2 + Int modifier, minimum 1). Its class skills are Intimidate, Jump, Listen, Search, and Spot. Minotaurs have a +5 racial bonus on Search, Spot, and Listen checks.
- Racial Feats: A minotaur’s monstrous humanoid levels give it three feats.
- Weapon Proficiency: A minotaur is proficient with the greataxe and all simple weapons.
- +5 natural armor bonus.
- Natural Weapon: Gore (1d8).
- Powerful Charge (Ex): A minotaur typically begins a battle by charging at an opponent, lowering its head to bring its mighty horns into play. In addition to the normal benefits and hazards of a charge, this allows the beast to make a single gore attack that deals 4d6 plus 1-1/2 Str bonus points of damage.
- Natural Cunning (Ex): Although minotaurs are not especially intelligent, they possess innate cunning and logical ability. This gives them immunity to maze spells, prevents them from ever becoming lost, and enables them to track enemies. Further, they are never caught flat-footed.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Giant. Bonus Languages: Orc, Goblin, Terran.
- Favored Class: Barbarian.
- Level Adjustment: +2.
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Open Game Content → System Reference Document → Races