From D&D Wiki
|This material is published under the OGL 1.0a.|
Also see the maenad creature listing.
Maenads typically stand more than 6 feet tall and weigh about 200 pounds; males are the same height as and only marginally heavier than maenad females. Maenads have no facial or body hair, and they prefer heavier clothing and armor if possible.
- Humanoid (Maenad, Psionic)
- Medium: As Medium creatures, maenads have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Maenad base land speed is 30 feet.
- Naturally Psionic: Maenads gain 2 bonus power points at 1st level. This benefit does not grant them the ability to manifest powers unless they gain that ability through another source, such as levels in a psionic class.
- Psi-Like Ability: 1/day—energy ray. A maenad can deal only sonic damage with this ability. It is accompanied by a tremendous scream of rage. Manifester level is equal to 1/2 Hit Dice (minimum 1st). The save DC is Charisma-based.
- Outburst (Ex): Once per day, for up to 4 rounds, a maenad can subjugate her mentality to gain a boost of raw physical power. When she does so, she takes a –2 penalty to Intelligence and Wisdom but gains a +2 bonus to Strength.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Maenad. Bonus Languages: Aquan, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Goblin. Maenads commonly know the languages of their enemies and of their friends, as well as Draconic, the language commonly found in ancient tomes of secret knowledge.
- Favored Class: Wilder.
- Level Adjustment: +0
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|90 years||150 years||220 years||+2d% years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5’ 4”||+2d10||150 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||5’ 3”||+2d10||120 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Open Game Content → System Reference Document → Races