|This material is published under the OGL
Also see the halfling creature listing.
The lightfoot halfling is the most common halfling variety. Lightfoot halflings stand about 3 feet tall and usually weigh between 30 and 35 pounds. They have brown or black eyes. Lightfoot halfling men often have long sideburns, but beards are rare among them and mustaches almost unseen. Lightfoot halflings prefer simple, comfortable, and practical clothes. Unlike members of most races, they prefer actual comfort to shows of wealth. Lightfoot halflings reach adulthood in their early twenties and generally live into the middle of their second century.
- +2 Dexterity, –2 Strength.
- Humanoid (Halfling).
- Small: As a Small creature, a lightfoot halfling gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but she uses smaller weapons than humans use, and her lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
- Lightfoot halfling base land speed is 20 feet.
- +2 racial bonus on Climb, Jump, and Move Silently checks.
- +1 racial bonus on all saving throws.
- +2 morale bonus on saving throws against fear: This bonus stacks with the lightfoot halfling’s +1 bonus on saving throws in general.
- +1 racial bonus on attack rolls with thrown weapons and slings.
- +2 racial bonus on Listen checks.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Halfling. Bonus Languages: Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Goblin, and Orc.
- Favored Class: Rogue. A multiclass lightfoot halfling’s rogue class does not count when determining whether she takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.
- Level Adjustment: +0.
Table: Lightfoot Halfling Random Starting Ages
Table: Lightfoot Halfling Aging Effects
Table: Lightfoot Halfling Random Height and Weight
||× (1) lb.
||× (1) lb.
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Open Game Content → System Reference Document → Races