SRD:Halflings, Deep (Race)
From D&D Wiki
|This material is published under the OGL 1.0a.|
Also see the halfling creature listing.
These halflings are shorter and stockier than the more common lightfeet.
Deep halflings are about 2-1/2 tall and weigh between 30 and 35 pounds.
- +2 Dexterity, –2 Strength.
- Small: As a Small creature, a deep halfling gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but she uses smaller weapons than humans use, and her lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
- Deep halfling base land speed is 20 feet.
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- Stonecunning: Like dwarves, deep halflings have a +2 racial bonus on Search checks to notice unusual stonework. Something that isn’t stone but that is disguised as stone also counts as unusual stonework. A deep halfling who merely comes within 10 feet of unusual stonework can make a Search check as though actively searching, and can use the Search skill to find stonework traps as a rogue can. A deep halfling can also intuit depth, sensing the approximate distance underground as naturally as a human can sense which way is up.
- +2 racial bonus on Appraise checks and Craft checks that are related to stone or metal.
- +1 racial bonus on all saving throws.
- +2 morale bonus on saving throws against fear: This bonus stacks with the deep halfling’s +1 bonus on saving throws in general.
- +1 racial bonus on attack rolls with thrown weapons and slings.
- +2 racial bonus on Listen checks.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Halfling. Bonus Languages: Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Goblin, and Orc.
- Favored Class: Rogue. A multiclass deep halfling’s rogue class does not count when determining whether she takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.
- Level Adjustment: +0
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|50 years||75 years||100 years||+5d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||2’ 2”||+2d4||30 lb.||× (1) lb.|
|Female||2’ 0”||+2d4||25 lb.||× (1) lb.|