SRD:Giants, Hill (Race)
From D&D Wiki
|This material is published under the OGL 1.0a.|
Also see the hill giant creature listing.
Skin color among hill giants ranges from light tan to deep ruddy brown. Their hair is brown or black, with eyes the same color. Hill giants wear layers of crudely prepared hides with the fur left on. They seldom wash or repair their garments, preferring to simply add more hides as their old ones wear out.
Adults are about 10-1/2 feet tall and weigh about 1,100 pounds. Hill giants can live to be 200 years old.
- +14 Strength, +8 Constitution, –2 Dexterity, –4 Intelligence, –4 Charisma.
- Large size: –1 penalty to Armor Class, –1 penalty on attack rolls, –4 penalty on Hide checks, +4 bonus on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits double those of Medium characters.
- Space/Reach: 10 feet/10 feet.
- A hill giant’s base land speed is 40 feet.
- Low-Light Vision
- Racial Hit Dice: A hill giant begins with twelve levels of giant, which provide 12d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +8, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +8, Ref +4, and Will +4.
- Racial Skills: A hill giant’s giant levels give it skill points equal to 15 × (2 + Int modifier). Its class skills are Climb, Jump, Listen, and Spot.
- Racial Feats: A hill giant’s giant levels give it five feats.
- +9 natural armor bonus.
- Natural Weapons: 2 slams (1d4).
- Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A hill giant is automatically proficient with simple weapons, martial weapons, light and medium armor, and shields.
- Rock Throwing (Ex): Adult hill giants are accomplished rock throwers and receive a +1 racial bonus on attack rolls when throwing rocks. A hill giant of at least Large size can hurl rocks weighing 40 to 50 pounds each (Small objects, 2d6) up to five range increments. The range increment is 120 feet for a hill giant’s thrown rocks. A Huge hill giant can hurl rocks of 60 to 80 pounds (Medium objects, 3d6).
- Rock Catching (Ex): A hill giant of at least Large size can catch Small, Medium, or Large rocks (or projectiles of similar shape). Once per round, a hill giant that would normally be hit by a rock can make a Reflex save to catch it as a free action. The DC is 15 for a Small rock, 20 for a Medium one, and 25 for a Large one. (If the projectile provides a magical bonus on attack rolls, the DC increases by that amount.) The hill giant must be ready for and aware of the attack in order to make a rock catching attempt.
- Automatic Language: Giant. Bonus Languages: Common, Draconic, Elven, Goblin, Orc.
- Favored Class: Barbarian.
- Level Adjustment: +4.
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Open Game Content → System Reference Document → Races