Quickling (Pathfinder Race)
From D&D Wiki
Quicklings are brutally mean and sharply insulting of others, constantly talking down to any being who'll listen. Whenever they can get away with an unkindly prank or attack, they'll take the opportunity. Quicklings almost never make friends outside of their own race.
Appearing as slender and lithe small elves with sharp features and a feral glint, the quickling darts and bobs, hardly standing still long enough for others to get a good look at them. On average, a quickling grows to about 3 feet tall and weighs about 25 pounds. Their skin ranges from pale blue to blue-white and their hair is usually silvery or a snowy-white. Long pointed ears rise above the tops of their heads. Their eyes are usually cold and cruel, glinting with a yellow light. Finely dressed, they garb themselves in brightly colored clothes, often with silver and black trim as accents. They scorn armor, as it slows them down.
Twisted by malevolent fey magic in ages past, quicklings distrust or hate all they come across. Fey creatures are universally scorned by quicklings. Most races who come across quicklings only notice them by the loss of valuable trinkets and other things the quickling might find useful. Any individual that encroaches too far onto lands quicklings inhabit quickly find themselves repelled or killed by the fast, blue-skinned creatures. Fey, due to grudges long held are often killed on sight or at the very least (should the quickling be in a "playful" mood), harrassed for hours on end.
The quicklings of ages past weren't the evil creatures they are today. Before they were affected by the malevolent fey magic that made them as they are, they were neutral creatures living in harmony with the world around them. After the fey magic changed them, they have kept a tradition of telling their history as they saw it. As they told it, their ancestors were victims of ancient fey who begrudged them for the peace and serenity that they once enjoyed. The longer the quickings told their children this story, the more it became perverted by grudges held and kept against the fey who cast the magic upon them. Accompanied with their actions over the ages, quicklings slowly transformed into utterly evil creatures who disregard the well-being of others.
Quickling Racial Traits
- -2 Strength, +8 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma: Quicklings are monstrously quick, unmercifully cunning and beguiling, but they aren't as strong as a common man.
- Small: As small creatures, quicklings gain a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, +1 bonus on attack rolls, +4 bonus on Hide checks and a −4 penalty on grapple checks. Their lifting and carrying limits ¾ those of Medium characters.
- Fast base land speed: 120 feet.
- Quicklings have 60' lowlight vision.
- 5 DR/Cold Iron
- Supernatural Speed (Su): A quickling moves with incredible speed. Save for when it remains motionless (at which point it is invisible), the quickling’s shape blurs and shimmers with this speed, granting it concealment (20% miss chance). In addition, this ability grants the quickling evasion and uncanny dodge (as the rogue abilities of the same names).
- Slow Susceptibility (Ex): A quickling that succumbs to a slow effect loses its supernatural speed ability and is sickened as long as the effect persists. This sickened condition persists for 1 round after the slow effect ends.
- Poison Use: A Quickling may use poison without having a chance of poisoning themself
- Level Adjustment: +6