Primordial Knight (5e Subclass)
From D&D Wiki
Primordial Knights are warriors touched by the elemental planes, and who use these powers in combat. There are many origins from the elemental magic contained by the primordial warriors. Some draw their power from the dragons, using their mystical energy to mimic the effects of dragon fire; others train in contacting and channeling mystical primal elements from genies. Regardless, these warriors have an untamed power that can't be ignored.
|—Spell Slots per Spell Level—|
- When you reach 3rd level, you learn how to channel the powers of the elements.
- You learn two cantrips of your choice from the primordial knight spell list. You learn an additional primordial knight cantrip of your choice at 13th level.
- Spell Slots
- The Primordial Knight Spellcasting table shows how many spell slots you have to cast your spells of 1st level and higher. To cast one of these spells, you must expend a slot of the spell's level or higher. you regain all expended spell slots when you finish a long rest.
- Spells Known of 1st Level and Higher
- You know three 1st-level Primordial Knight spells of your choice. The Spells Known column of the Primordial Knight spellcasting table shows when you learn more war caster spells of 1st level or higher.
- Whenever you gain a level in this class, you can replace one of the war caster spells he know with another spell of your choice from the Primordial Knight spell list. The new spell must be of a level for which you have spell slots.
- Spellcasting Ability
- Wisdom is your spellcasting ability for the Primordial Knight spells, since you learn this power through research and study. You use your Wisdom whenever a spell refers to his spellcasting ability. In addition, you use your Wisdom modifier when setting the saving throw DC for a war caster spell you cast and when making an attack roll with one.
Spell save DC = 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Wisdom modifier
Spell attack modifier = your proficiency bonus + your Wisdom modifier
- Primordial Control
Starting at 3rd level, you learn one of the following cantrips: gust, control flames, mold earth or shape water. You can choose one additional cantrip at 7th, 10th and 15th levels. When you take the attack action, you can cast one of these cantrips using your bonus action.
In addition, you learn how to write, read and speak primordial.
- Elemental Strikes
Starting at 7th level, when you take the attack action, you can choose to cause acid, cold, fire, lightning, poison or thunder damage, instead of your weapon's damage. If you do so, you gain 10 feet of reach with your attacks.
In addition, you can spend one spell slot as a bonus action to choose one of the damage types above. For 1 minute, you deal additional damage with your weapon attacks. The additional damage depend on the level of the slot spend: 1d4 (1st level), 1d6 (2nd level), 1d8 (3rd level) or 1d10 (4th level). Doing's so requires concentration, as if it were a spell.
- Elemental Combat
Starting at 10th level, whenever you use your Action Surge, you can cast a Primordial Knight spell using your bonus action.
- Elemental Destruction
At 15th level, whenever you cast one of your Primordial Knight spells, you roll one additional die of damage for that spell.
- Elemental Apotheosis
At 18th level, you can imbue yourself with elemental power. Your fighter class features are enhanced in the following manners:
- Action Surge (Fire). You gain the destructive power of raging fire. When you use your action surge, your attacks deal additional 1d6 fire damage until the end of your turn.
- Second Wind (Earth). You gain the earth's endurance. When you use your second wind feature, you gain resistance to all damage types until the start of your next turn.
- Indomitable (Air). You gain the air's mobility. When you use your Indomitable feature, you gain fly speed equal to your movement speed until the end of your next turn. When flying, you don't provoke opportunity attacks.
- Fighting Style (Water). You gain the water's adaptability. When you finish a short or a long rest, you can replace your current fighting style for a new one.
Primordial Knight Spell List
acid splash, fire bolt, frostbite, lighting lure, ray of frost, shocking grasp, thunderclap
- 1st Level
- 2nd Level
- 3rd Level
- 4th Level