Plane of Lightning (3.5e Environment)
From D&D Wiki
Plane of Lightning
<!- General description of environment ->
- Gravity: The same as The Material Plane
- Time: Time passes much faster in the Plane of lightning, 1 hour in this plane = 10 minutes in the material plane
- Size: This plane is about a quarter the size of the material plane
Magic, Alignment, and Energy/Elemental Traits
- Elemental Dominance: The plane dominated by lightning and storms
- Energy Dominance: the dominant energy type is lightning
- Alignment Trait: Most creatures from here are neutral evil
The plane of lightning is linked to the Ethereal Plane, all of the Inner Planes and The Material Plane, however in order to reach it via the material plane a dragon or dragon shaman must create a portal.
The God that governs this plane is Mystogan. around his palace many blue and bronze dragons make their nests, and farther out away from the palace all sorts of prehistoric animals can be found living with the native humans, the Zandalari. In this plane adventurers can find the dinosaur monarchs, Horridon (a triceratops) and Oondasta (a T-Rex), an extremely powerful set of bosses, each has their own Royal Guard.
Movement and Combat
During combat all metal weapons deal 2 bonus lightning damage and all metal armours take two times as much damage from lightning, every player must roll a reflex save each round, the lowest roller gets struck by lightning dealing 2d6 damage. It is impossible for anything but dinosaurs to fly and anyone who attempts to ride a dinosaur will be struck by lightning.
Whilst wandering the electrically charged swaps that dominate the plane, they can be expected to find dinosaurs, crocodiles, zandalari (blue/bronze dragon shamans) and much more. In the forests, birds will often assault smaller groups of people and bears/dire bears should be avoided due to their mutation that gives them static auras.
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Homebrew → Environments