Path of the Scourge (5e Subclass)
From D&D Wiki
Barbarian Primal Path: Path of the Scourge
Among the multiverse are powerful, supernatural entities that have been despised as heathen deities. The Path of the Scourge is their vengeance and retaliation against those who have looked down upon what they could not even cope with. A barbarian who walks the Path of the Scourge encounters and makes a pact with these "heathen" entities, who proposes boons of mysterious power, in exchange of their service.
In many cases, the outlander and their patron share a common enemy, a civilization which has expanded its border beyond it could handle with. More than one empire has fallen at the hand of a mighty savage who has sworn his/her vengeance in the name of the pagan deity.
- Herald of the Scourge
- Pact Magic
At 3rd level, you gain the ability to cast spells.
- Cantrips. You learn two cantrips of your choice from the warlock spell list. You learn an additional warlock cantrip of your choice at 10th level.
- Spell Slots. The Path of the Scourge Pact Magic table shows how many spell slots you have. The table also shows what the levels are those slots is; all of your spell slots are the same level. To cast one of your warlock spells of 1st level and higher, you must expend a spell slot. You regain all expended spell slot when you finish a short rest or long rest.
- Spells Known of 1st-Level and Higher. You know two 1st-level spells of your choice from the warlock spell list. If the Otherworldly Patron you chose with your Herald of the Scourge feature provides an expanded spell list, the spells are added to the warlock spell list for you.
- The Spells Known column of the Path of the Scourge Pact Magic table shows when you learn more warlock spells of your choice of 1st level and higher. A spell you choose must be of a level no higher that what's shown in the table's Slot Level column for your level.
- Additionally, whenever you gain a level in this class, you can choose one of the warlock spell you know and replace it with another spell from the warlock spell list, which also must be of a level for which you have spell slots.
- Spellcasting Ability. Charisma is your spellcasting ability for your warlock spells, so you use your Charisma whenever a spell refers to your spellcasting ability. In addition, you use your Charisma modifier when setting the saving throw DC for a warlock spell you cast and when making an attack roll with one.
- Spell save DC = 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Charisma modifier
- Spell attack modifier = your proficiency bonus + your Charisma modifier
- Admonishing Strike
Also starting at 3rd level, you can channel the power of your heathen entity to empower your melee weapon attack. When you hit a creature with a melee attack while raging, you can expend a spell slot to deal an additional 1d12 damage to the target per spell slot level, to a maximum of 4d12. The damage type of the additional damage is same to the damage dealt by the weapon to the target.
- Messenger of the Scourge
When you reach 6th level, you learn the find familiar spell and can cast it as a ritual. The spell does not count against your number of spells known.
You can communicate thelepathically with your familiar and perceive through your familiar's senses as long as you are on the same plane of existence. Additionally, while perceiving through your familiar's senses, you can also speak through your familiar in your own voice, even if your familiar is normally incapable of speech.
- Heathen Resilience
Beginning at 10th level, when you take damage while raging, you can use your reaction and expend a spell slot to gain temporary hit points equal to 5 plus your Constitution modifier per spell slot level, which takes as much of the triggering damage as possible. You lose all temporary hit points you gained this way when your rage ends.
- Relentless Scourge
Starting at 14th level, when you start your turn while raging and have no spell slots remaining from your Pact Magic feature, you can regain one spell slot from your Pact Magic feature.
Once you use this feature, you must finish a long rest before you can use it again.