Path of the Scarred Witch Doctor (5e Subclass)
From D&D Wiki
Path of the Scarred Witch Doctor
Scarred witch doctors are those rare few able to combine the power of rage with magic gained through their scars. They are sometimes wanderers, walking through the wilds alone, but also sometimes with warbands.
Path of the Scarred Witch Doctor Spellcasting
|Barbarian Level||Cantrips||Spells Known||1st-level||2nd-level||3rd-level||4th-level|
- When you choose this path at 3rd level, you gain the ability to cast spells, including while raging. To cast spells while raging, you must succeed at a DC 13 Constitution check, or take 2d4 damage that cannot be reduced or prevented.
Altered Spell List
- Your wizard spell list has the spell Healing Word added to it.
- You learn 2 cantrips of your choice at 3rd level, and you learn an additional cantrip at 10th and 20th levels. The cantrip you learn at 20th level, and one of the ones learnt at 3rd level are drawn from the Druid spell list, and the others are drawn from the Wizard spell list.
Spell slots and spells known:
- You gain a number of spell slots, the number and level of which are dependent on your level, and you can learn spells only of a level of spell you have spell slots for, again the
- number of which are dependent on your level.
- You can learn spells only of the Necromancy and Evocation schools on the Wizard spell list. At 3rd, 8th, 14th and 20th levels, you learn a spell of any school from the Druid spell
- list (included in your spells known column).
- At 3rd level, you know three spells, one of which is a Druid spell of any school (as above).
- Your spellcasting ability is Constitution, because you toughness and past injuries grant you power.
- Spell save DC: 8 + proficiency bonus + Constitution modifier
- Spell attack modifier: Proficiency bonus + Constitution modifier
- Eldritch Rage
You may expend a use of Rage to have an ally rage as described for a 1st level Barbarian. If it ends for a reason other than the end of its duration, that ally suffers one level of exhaustion.
- Scars on Your Back
When you or your allies are raging, if they are stable or have at least 1 hit point, they regain 1 hit point at the start of their turn.
- Eternal Rage
You may cast Raise Dead as a 5th level spell, requiring the bodies of three foes slain within 4 hours as material components. When you cast it, the target comes back to life in a rage that lasts for 5 rounds, but is otherwise identical to the rage described in Eldritch Rage. You regain the ability to do this again when you finish two long rests.