Pantheraeo (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Pantheraeo are a race of, basically, lion people, inhabiting the same brush and plains as their lion ancestors and whose society is more developed than nomadic clans, but still resembles a pride like structure.
Pantheraeos are not the most active race and are opt to spend much of a day doing nothing at all. Pantheraeos are, on the other hand, easily angered and when driven are greatly so. The Pantheraeo males are generally less active then the females but are more easily enraged. They are a race to keep grudges, but are also well known for keeping promises, and if you can get on a Pantheraeo's good side you'll be glad you did.
A Pantheraeo male's average height is around 6'8" while the female's is around 6'4".
Pantheraeo male's average weight is 250lbs while a female's average weight is 210lbs.
Pantheraeo fur is generally a solid tan color, but they have been seen with dark brown circle patterns in the fur, and sometimes rarely seen with all white fur.
Eye color can be those of any animal.
Pantheraeo don't get along very well with chaotic races, but when removed from their native society on adventures they soon don't mind any more and more often watch themselves to avoid "bad" influence from "exotic" and "strange" cultures that they might encounter. Although as Pantheraeo are natural predators, they are less likely to see a small creature as a potential ally, but rather something scrawny, weak or even as the next meal.
Pantheraeo are very rarely chaotic, and those that are chaotic rarely survive. They are usually lawful as they depend on their society, and if the laws cannot be conformed to the society will fail. Although Pantheraeo males are not as commonly, but frequently, neutral on law-chaos axis, as the society is generally patriarchal so the males can often become less respectful of the authority, but never to a great degree. On the good-evil axis Pantheraeo are fairly often neutral as their main concern is the laws and survival, although the alignment on the good-evil axis doesn't really matter to other Pantheraeo.
Pantheraeo feel the most comfortable in plains environments, as those are they're native lands. They have been known to adapt to desert (non tundra) and jungle environments as well, but rarely if ever, adapted to mountainous and cold environments. Aquatic environments are very disliked by most Pantheraeo, but marsh terrain is surprisingly generally enjoyed by most Pantheraeo.
Pantheraeo are generally known to worship deities of law, strength, nature and the sun. Although Pantheraeo do have unique deities, few know about them but the most educated Pantheraeo, as from an early age they are generally taught to worship the domain of the god rather than the god itself, such as being taught to worship nature rather than the Pantheraeo god of nature.
The language of the Pantheraeo, leonis, consists of deep grunts, rolling consonants, and sounds originating from the back of the throat, very much like the growls of their non-sentient brethren, lions.
The names of Pantheraeos are similar to those of Native Americans, with names (in English) like Walks in Grass and One Who Looks to Sun.
- +2 Dexterity, -2 Constitution, -2 Intelligence, +2 Charisma: As the Pantheraeo depend on reflexes and influence to survive it is only natural that charisma and dexterity be the ones to gain favor, although since Pantheraeo are sort of in between fully developed kingdoms and primitive tribes, they take ill effects of both, a minus to intelligence as most brutal primitive races do, and a minus to constitution as they have developed away from straight forward fighting to more civilized things.
- Pantheraeo gain a +4 to Intimidate checks and a + 2 to Search and Survival checks, but a -2 to Ride and Handle Animal checks: The boost to intimidate is very appropriate, seeing how Pantheraeo are close relatives to the lion, and stand at around 6 and a half feet tall! The boost to search and survival are traits developed and still retained from the primitive days of the Pantheraeo. The penalty to ride and handle animal is for the first reason explaining intimidate as well as seeing as the Pantheraeo generally have not used mounts in their history.
- Pantheraeo have also retained low-light vision from their ancestors.
- Humanoid (Feline).
- Medium: As medium creatures Pantheraeo gain no bonuses, or penalties.
- Pantheraeo base land speed is 40ft.
- Automatic Languages: common and leonis. Bonus Languages: elven, orc, sylvan, dwarven.
- Favored Class: Scout.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|30 years||44 years||55 years||+2d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 10"||+2d10||210 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||5' 6"||+2d10||170 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Homebrew → Races