Pagurians (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Pagurians are social creatures and generally enjoy communal living, using a hand-me-down system to keep well fitting shells. Although social, they are constantly being targeted due to their small size and vulnerably underbelly, causing them to be distrustful of anything bigger than them.
Pagurians have a hard exoskeleton encasing its chest, but a soft underbelly that leaves them vulnerable. To compensate they utilize thick shells to cover their soft spots, and having a safe place to retreat to in dire circumstances. They have a large left claw, used for combat, and a smaller right claw used for everyday things, like eating food. The Pagurians have long antennae on their heads, used for enhancing their touch, smell, and taste sense. The shells often are often used to depict rank in the Pagurian society, the largest, most decorative shells for the high ranking members.
Most Pagurians are neutral, believing in balance in nature. They are forged by a danger filled life, learning to survive by any means necessary, not abiding to any specific moral code.
The Pagurian live very close to the shoreline. They either take the form of a more land based creature, preferring tropical moisture rich environments, or take to the sea, living close to the shore to avoid predators and maintaining a varied supply of food.
Pagurians typically worship Ormet, the god of oceans and luck. They resonate with the values he instills, needing to find creative, and sometimes fortuitous, ways to survive the harsh environments.
- +2 Dexterity, -2 Strength
- Animal (Aquatic)
- Small: As a Small creature, a Pagurian gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but it uses smaller weapons than humans use, and its lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
- Pagurians base land speed is 20 feet.
- Pagurians base swim speed is 30 feet.
- Amphibious: Pagurians automatically gain the feat Amphibious.
- Blindsight(Ex): Pagurians have blindsight out to 60 feet.
- +2 SRD:Natural Armor bonus.
- SRD:Natural Weapons SRD:Claw (1d3) and SRD:Slam (1d4)
- +2 racial bonus on Hide and +6 racial bonus on Swim checks.
- Shell Retreat: A Pagurian can retreat into their thick shell, gaining +6 dodge bonus to AC for one round, counting as a standard action.
- Leave/Enter Shell: A Pagurian can leave its shell receiving a -4 penalty to AC, has its base land speed increased to 40 ft, and gains a +2 racial bonus on Move Silently. Entering its shell removes these effects.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Pagurish. Bonus Languages: Dwarven, Gnome, Hobbit, Abyssal, Terran, Orc, and Goblin.
- Favored Class: Rogue. A multiclass Pagurian's Rogue class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|27 years||46 years||65 years||+2d12 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||1' 2"||+1d4||9 lb.||× (1d4) lb.|
|Female||1' 0"||+1d4||8 lb.||× (1d4) lb.|
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Homebrew → Races