Oni, Homeless (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Cursed Oni (3.5 Race) =Bold text
Cursed Oni are wanderers looking for adventure, excitement. This kind of Oni usually suffered a curse, which bound them to their most known weapon, the kanabō. The Cursed does enjoy drinking, but it isn't something that they are willing to do every time of the day. They are known for their great physical strenght, and if you impress an Oni with a physical demonstration they will greatly respect you for it. Oni will almost always use their force of personality to persuade others. Oni are demons, and are treated as such by the more developed areas.
Oni look much like humans with a few critical differences. First, Oni are slightly larger, perhaps 1-2 inches taller, and many sport wider shoulders and are more sinewy than humans are. Although not necessarily musclebound, an Oni's frame belies the creature's immense strength and durability. Curded Oni sport a pair of human-like ears, unlike a normal Oni. The largest difference in an Oni's appearance in relation with a human is that they have horns, 1 or 2, and unlike the more common Oni, the horns are small, and their skin color is human-like. The biggest difference between an Oni and a Cursed Oni, in addition to not having the ability to enlarge themseleves, Is that one of the Cursed' arm Is fused with a kanabō. To further explain that last difference, they are cursed, and one arm has the consistency of skin (being elastic) but being hard as iron.
Oni can either be universally sociable or downright unpleasant. Generally, Oni get along modestly with most all races, but they dislike the cowardice of Kappas, and outright despise Kitsune for their tendency towards fighting with illusions instead of a fair fight, which they are automatically unfriendly towards both. When meeting new people, Oni are quick to decide whether they like or dislike that person, and it is quite difficult to change an Oni's opinion of you after first impressions, for better or worse. Those they do not like they have little patience for, which is likely one of the reasons the race is so violent.
Although technically Demons themselves, almost all Oni are far too busy fulfilling their own hedonistic desires for drink and fighting to have much concern for the fighting between good and evil. Their vast lack of interest in most affairs of the world and their free spirited (and violent) nature mean that most oni are Chaotic Neutral or True Neutral, exceptions abound.
Altough Cursed Oni are not like the common Oni, humans dont seem to understand that, and they still feel fear when they see one. But they tend to leave them walk around and do their bussines because of the stoic and more calm nature, compared with the Oni.
Oni are usually too busy merrymaking to care about religion, but they still believe in the animistic ways of other races.
Oni speak Common. If an oni ever becomes smart enough to learn another language, they usually learn the language of their comrades.
Oni name their children names that have meanings regarding physical prowess, emphasizing the importance of strength in Oni society.
Male names: Akio, Daiki, Hiroki, Isamu, Iwao, Katashi, Katsu, Kenta, Mikio, Ryota, Ryuu, Takeshi
Female names: Chiasa, Chiyoko, Hisako, Kaede, Masuyo, Mitsuru, Momoe, Noriko, Rin, Takako, Yasu
Oftentimes, Male and Female names are used interchangeably.
- Cursed arm: Cursed Oni have one of the arms fused with a kanabō, taking skin consistency but being Made of iron. That gives them a little more deffensive capabilities while in a fight. Also, it gives the arm a 1d8 of bludgeoning damage while not using a weapon, because it being literally a maze.
- +2 Strength, +2 Constitution, -2 Charisma (this cannot bring any ability score below 1, and cannot bring Intelligence below 3):
Cursed Oni are exceptionally strong and durable because of their iron arm and tough skin, and are far more durable and capable of staving off the effects of poisons and other bodily attacks, however their single mindedness means they have little knowledge and their demonhood leaves much to be desired in persuasive prowess not involving Intimidation.
- Outsider (Native, Evil, Chaotic): Cursed Oni are direct descendants of Demons, however they remain in the normal world just as other living beings do.
- Medium size: As medium creatures, Oni in their natural state gain no bonus for their size, nor do they suffer any penalties.
- Cursed Oni base land speed is 30 feet.
- Darkvision: Cursed Oni have Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- Force of Personality: Cursed Oni are good at intimidation, and do not suffer Charisma penalties to any Intimidate checks they make.
- Cursed Oni do not posses the ability to enlarge, are not master drinkers neither can gore people with their horns because those are small.
- Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: Any.
- Favored Class: Barbarian.
- Level Adjustment: +0
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|700 years||1000 years||1500 years||+20d10 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 10"||+4d6||130 lb.||× (2d6) lb.|
|Female||4' 8"||+4d6||90 lb.||× (2d6) lb.|