Nymph (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Nymphs live in organized societies similar to those of most mortal races, with a few key differences. Nymphs almost rarely build buildings, and if they do, they are made out of wood and un-quaried stone. the second difference is that nymphs are often communal, rarely wage war on eachother, and have far fewer vices than mortals.
Nymphs are all female, and are always considered beautiful. Their height, weight, and skin colour are often in the range of being beautiful in the eyes of the people of the closest non-nymph, land-dwelling humanoid (A Nymph 5 is a Human 10). Nymphs often bear aberrant eye colours, such as purple, orange, rainbow, and even mirror reflective irises. Most Nymphs have incredibly long and pointed ears, curving slightly upward, unless the idea of pointed ears are considered ugly by the closest mortal settlement. Nymphs always look humanoid, and never goblinoid.
Nymphs interact quite well with all humanoid races, as this is key to their survival. Although Nymphs of the Tree live very long lives, they have no way to reproduce on their own, since they are all female. Instead, Nymphs of the Tree have adapted to be able to mate with any other humanoid race, and produce Nymph of the Tree offspring, although these offspring look like the standard of beauty of the father. When interacting with other non-humanoid races, Nymphs of the Tree are less friendly, but often put their differences aside if it is required. Many will even make long and healthy friendships with non-humanoids, since the weight of reproduction is not present.
Nymphs have the alignment of the closest mortal, humanoid habitation, although few nymphs are ever evil, and many nymphs attempt to live away from evil lands, though exceptions do occur.
Nymphs often do not practice religion, but other comunities with particular connection to neighboring humanoid lands often adopt their neighbors religion. Other Nymphs worship Obad Hai, as their connection with nature makes him a popular god.
Nymphs automatically know Common, Sylvan, and other languages of neighboring humanoid lands.
Nymphs have X names. their first name is in the fashion of nearby humanoid lands. their secret name is in sylvan, and usually has to do with nature (river, wind, deer, jaguar, willow, spring, etc). their "last name" is their mother's secret name, translated into the language of the closest humanoid land (usually, the phrase "of the" is in between, such as a Nymph named Sera of the Wind). many Nymphs ad more to their "last name" to reflect their personality (such as a Nymph named Tynande Whisperwind).
- +4 Dexterity, +4 charisma, +2 Wisdom : Nymphs are dexterous, charismatic, and wise.
- Nymphs are Fey
- Medium size
- Nymphs base land speed is 30 feet and 15 feet climb, provided the surface is plant life (vines or tree bark). A Nymph can always choose to take 10 on climb checks when climbing trees
- Unearthly Beauty (Su). : This ability affects all humanoids within 30 feet of a nymph. Those who look directly at a Nymph must succeed on a DC 17 Fortitude save or be transfixed for 2d4 rounds. An enemy who is transfixed must focus entirely on who he is transfixed upon, and may not act harmfully against a Nymph unless the Nymph acts harmfully to them.This works like a transfix spell.A nymph can suppress or resume this ability as a free action. Those who save against the Elven Nymph's dazzling beauty are immune to its effects for 24 hours. The save DC is Charisma-based.
- Unearthly Grace (Su). : A Nymph adds her Charisma modifier as a bonus on all her saving throws, and as a deflection bonus to her Armor Class. (The statistics block already reflects these bonuses).
- Damage Reduction 10/cold iron.
- Naturally Magical. : A Nymph has no level adjustment if her first 3 class levels are spellcasters. if the one of these first levels are a spellcaster class that doesn't have access to 9th level spells, a Nymph level adjustment is +1 instead of +3. if one of the first 3 levels are of a non-spellcaster class,the level adjustment is +3 as normal.
- Wood Weapon Skill. : A Nymph begins play with proficiency in any 2 weapons made out of wood (such as quarterstaffs and bows). as well, a nymph takes +2 on any attack and damage rolls with any weapon she uses made of wood (including ironwood weapons).
- Automatic Languages: Common, Sylvan, and the languages of the people of the closest humanoid land. . Bonus Languages: Orgham .
- Favored Class: Sorcerer.
- Level Adjustment: +3
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|200 years||300 years||400 years||+4d% years|
|Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|4' 5"||+2d6"||80 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|