Norian (Elf) (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Norians, also known as Norian Elves, are a warlike elven species. They are native to Noria, a very hostile planet inhabited by many dangerous predators. Norians greatly differ from mainstream elves, being predatory in nature and physically powerful. While these differences are generally attributed to Noria's hostile environment, in reality they already existed in the Norians' evolutionary precursors, an ancient (and mostly forgotten) spacefaring elven civilization which colonized Noria and a few other planets many eons ago. Most of their colonies have long since died out; the Norians are among their few surviving descendants.
Norians are combative and ruthless, but also honorable and loyal. Norians are very protective of their family and friends, willing to take drastic actions to protect them.
Though definitely elven, Norians only share a few traits with mainstream elves. They are tall and wiry, with stone gray skin, fanglike teeth and slit pupils. Norians have pointed ears and sharp features, and their eyes glow in the dark. They have no facial or body hair.
Norians don't usually sleep as adults. Instead, starting from adolescence, most Norians opt to practice reverie, a state of deep meditation which takes half the time for the same benefits of sleep, and enables to retain a level of awareness to the surroundings. While in a reverie, Norians can dream, after a fashion; such dreams are actually mental exercises that have become reflexive through years of practice.
Norians can be highly aggressive when provoked, so most people simply give them a wide berth. However, their loyalty is reflected in their alliances, which aren’t easily wavered.
Norians are inclined to Neutral alignments on the Good/Evil scale.
Any. However, most Norians are still on Noria.
Norians tend to worship deities of war and knowledge.
Any. Norians don't use the common elven naming traditions. Instead, they are given a name at birth and retain it throughout their lifetime, similarly to most humanoids.
- +8 Strength, +6 Dexterity, +6 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, +4 Wisdom, +2 Charisma.
- Medium Humanoid (Elf): Despite their differences from mainstream elves, Norians are still elven.
- Norian base land speed is 40 feet per round; they also have swimming speed 30 feet per round and climbing speed 30 feet per round.
- Healing Factor: Norians possess a far better healing factor than most humanoids, and can even regenerate lost tissue to some degree. They restore 1 HP per hour of activity, or 1 HP per 20 minutes of rest, 1 point of ability damage per hour, and 1 point of drained ability per day. They also receive an additional +4 bonus on Fortitude saves against poisons and diseases.
- Heightened Senses: Norians possess acute and accurate senses. They have Blindsense out to 30 feet and Scent within 30 feet. A Norian who merely passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check to notice it, as if they were actively looking for it.
- Superior Nightvision: Norians possess very acute night vision and can see in dim lighting as if it were bright light, and in complete darkness as if it were a dim light.
- Elven Mind: Being elven, Norians are immune to magic sleep effects and gain an additional +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects.
- Bite (Ex): Norians possess powerful jaws and fanglike teeth, making their bite very dangerous. They have a bite attack that deals 1d6 hp damage.
- Psionics (Sp): At will - Mage Hand, Open/Close. The save DC is Wisdom-based.
- Norians gain +6 racial bonus on Acrobatics, Listen, Search and Spot Checks.
- Norians automatically gain the following feats, even if they don't meet their prerequisites: Alertness, Dodge, Endurance, Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes and Track.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Norian. Bonus Languages: Any.
- Favored Class: Fighter, Rogue
- Level Adjustment: +4
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|450 years||675 years||900 years||+10d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5’ 2”||+2d10||120 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4’ 9”||+2d10||85 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|