Nephilim (DM-Max)(3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Born of demons and angels, viewed as abominations these power beings walk the Material plane after being abandoned by their mother. they are often raised by natives of the area they are abandoned, if they are lucky enough to be found. the offspring of demons and angels are very rare there are rarely more then a handful in the material plan at a time, unless some outside force is making more. Most nephili are remembered through the ages as heroes that saved the world or villains that destroyed it. bards sing of them in praise and leaders fear their power will be on the other side. they are able to change the fate of the world that is why most deity's have forbid their existence. often the creation of a nephili will start wars between deity's, perhaps Orcus and Kord would start a war if a nephili joined on of their ranks.
Nephili are ones born from angels and demons, rarely accepted by either side they wonder the material plane. They normally turn to a path of worship, depending on their upbringing. good alligned nephili are normally slow to anger and would rather stow away their great power. where evil alligned nephili are pridefull and enjoy getting involved in battles to show off their great powers.
Other than their power, nephili's appearance is very close to humans though being slightly larger than humans. the largest difference is the wide range of their eye and hair colors, it's not uncommon for them to have silver, blue or green hair as well as red, black, or golden eyes. though they sometimes are much more plane looking. because of their heritage the nephili build muscle much faster than humans, because of this they are normally very lean and fit.
Nephili walk a thin line of good and evil, most good humanoids are scared to get close to them, while evil aligned welcome them for their power. sometimes powerful nephili work their way into political power and are viewed as gods. because of their heritage they are viewed as abominations by angels and hated by demons.
Nephili are all or nothing they are almost never neutral. LG,CG,LE,CE mostly aligned in the CE,LG standing. however nephili who do walk both sides of the coin are devastatingly powerful.
Varies normally they live wherever their mother discarded them in the material plane
Nephili are normally abandoned at birth, because of this they are free to find their own religion
common, this also depends on where they are raised choose one additional language. (please reminder that this is a role-playing game if you choose elven that means that you where more then likely raised by elves. keep this in mind during character creation.)
normally assigned by the race that raised them.
- +4 Strength, +4 Dexterity, +4 Wisdom, +2 Intelligence, +2 Constitution, +2 Charisma.
- Humanoid(Outsider, Native)
- Medium size, no bonuses or penalties acquire
- Nephilii base land speed is 40 feet, they are faster then humans.
- Low Light Vision: Double standard human vision
- Darkvision: 60' distance, sees full color
- Outsider Bloodline (Su): though they look human they are far from it. for 2+HD rounds per day they nephili can tap into there life force. to do so required the nephili to bleed and taste their own blood if they have taken damage in combat they can simply use that blood. however if they have not been damaged, or damaged in a way that would not cause blood to flow they must damage themselves, as a standard action they take 1d4 damage, or as a bonus action they can chose to take 2d4 damage instead. however the nephili can also do something more drastic by destroying their tongue allowing them to reactivate bloodline even if they have used all their rounds for the day. double the bonuses from their bloodline form. this is a swift action and inflicts 3d4 damage per round even after bloodline ends (nothing can stop this damage until bloodline ends) during this bloodline spell casters can ignore V components. their tongue takes 2d6-1/2con (min 24 hours) day(s) to heal. because this is a racial ability any amount of damage to the tongue can be healed this way even if not self inflicted.
Bloodline effects(non-spell caster): +2 to str,dex,con,cha. you gain an aura corresponding with your alignment (ie. aura of good) if neutral you put off an aura of power (see below). you gain an aura corresponding to your element of choice (chosen during character creation and cannot be changed as it is in your blood. see below) that deals 1d6 per level+1/2HD to everyone within 5 foot of you each turn. while in this form you gain wings and a fly speed equal to twice your movement speed with good mobility. in this form you gain a +10 to intimidation.
Bloodline effects (spell caster) +8 to whatever state effect your spells, if cross classed this is divided this number evenly rounded up. you gain an aura corresponding with your alignment if neutral you put off an aura of power (see below). you gain a aura corresponding to your element of choice (chosen during character creation and cannot be changed as it is in your blood. see below) that deals 1d6 per level+1/2HD damage per turn unlike non spell casters you can manipulate your aura to reach distances as a 40 foot line, 15 foot cone or a 5 foot aura. while in this form you gain wings and a fly speed equal to twice your movement speed with good mobility. in this form you gain a +10 to intimidation.
For classes that use both spells and melee combat choose one of the above when activating bloodline.
all numerical values above a doubled if the nephili destroys there tongue.
Elements, Fire (fire),Ice(cold),Acid(acid),shadow(necro),Electric(Electric),Sonic(sonic). as a neutral nephili you may choose two however only one can be used at a time.
Aura of power: can be since by detected by all detect spells, it is not good nor evil. if a person uses a detect spell and they are have 5-9HD less then the nephili they become shaken, 10-19HD less they become frightened 20+less they they become helpless. these status effect last until the aura of power ends.
- Elemental changeling (EX): Nephili have 1/HD elemental points(EP). The nephili can expend 1 EP to deal an additional 1 point of there elements damage on their next attack or spell or they can spend 3 EP to deal 1d6 points of elemental damage on their next attack or spell, you can only use one of these effects per round. elemental points recharge after a full night of rest. this is considered a swift action and does not provoke an attack of opportunity. the damage type is based off of your element chosen at character creation
- Spell Resistance (Su): Nephili are naturally resistance to spells granting them a 12+cha modifier as SR. however spell casting nephili's blood become infused with their magic granting them additional SR equal to 1/2 their spell caster levels (Max 35 SR).
- Heritage: being raised had its impact on its skill set. if raised by humans: bonus feat. Elfs: +2 bonus listen, search, and spot checks. Dwarves: they gain stonecunning. Gnomes: add +1DC to spells. halflings: 1/day reroll any one d20 roll. (These are base races if you chose to go a more unique route, talk it over with your DM and come to a agreement)
- Nephili dense muscle grant them a natural armor bonus of 2 (+2 per 10HP).
- Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: Abyssal, Celestial, Infernal. Nephili with 5 or more HD have Tongues at will.
- Nephili fist as well as any weapons it wields, are treated as good or evil-aligned for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction. neutral aliened can change between good and evil.
- Favored Class: Same as the race that raised them
- Level Adjustment: +3 (+4 if neutral)
nephilii reach adulthood very young because of them being abandoned shortly after birth
nephilii have extremely long lifespans, thought to be immortal by most.
|× ±2d20 lb.
|× ±2d20 lb.
due to their dense muscles nephili are much heavier than they appear