Masquerade (5e Class)
From D&D Wiki
- 1 Masquerade
- 2 Creating a Masquerade
- 3 Class Features
- 3.1 Table: The Masquerade
- 3.2 Mask Of Many Faces
- 3.3 Rune Knife
- 3.4 Backstab
- 3.5 Magic Cloak
- 3.6 Cunning Action
- 3.7 Stealth Bomb
- 3.8 The Runes Of Devotion
- 3.9 Evasion
- 3.10 Feign
- 3.11 Charismatic Manipulation
- 3.12 Uncanny Dodge
- 3.13 Improved Cloak
- 3.14 Blindsight
- 3.15 Mirror Minion
- 3.16 Inspiring Image
- 3.17 The Mind's Eye
- 4 =Improved Bombs
- 5 =Imrpoved Rune Knife
- 6 Rune Of Power
- 7 Shadow Rune
- 8 Soul Rune
- 9 'Soul Abilities
- 10 Spell List
- 11 Multiclassing
You are an agent of an elite organization with a name known only to you. Anyone foolish enough to delve into the mysterious workings of your organizations will find themselves on the wrong end of your blade. Masquerades wear masks to cover their true identity and often wear professional suits, which are reflective of how highly they view themselves. Upon selecting this class, you gain a special obsidian black wrist band with a single ruby-colored diamond shape embedded into it. As you work your way through the ranks, the number of diamonds your band possesses will increase. When you receive all four diamonds on your band, you will be acknowledged as a member of the highest rank.
Creating a Masquerade
- Quick Build
You can make a <!-class name-> quickly by following these suggestions. First, Dexterity should be your highest ability score, followed by Charisma. Second, choose the <!-background name-> background. Third, choose <!-elaborate on equipment choices->
As a Masquerade you gain the following class features.
- Hit Points
Armor: Light Armor, Medium Armor
Weapons: Simple Weapons, Finesse Weapons
Tools: Thieves' Tools
Saving Throws: Dexterity, Charisma
Skills: Choose four from: Intimidation, Persuasion, Deception, Perception, Investigation, Stealth, Acrobatics, and Insight
You start with the following equipment, in addition to the equipment granted by your background:
|Features||Back Stab||—Spell Slots per Spell Level—|
|1st||+2||Mask Of Many Faces||1d8||—||—||—||—||—|
|2nd||+2||Magic Cloak, Backstab||1d8||2||—||—||—||—|
|4th||+2||Ability Score Improvement||2d8||3||—||—||—||—|
|6th||+3||Charismatic Manipulation, Subclass Feature||3d8||4||2||—||—||—|
|8th||+3||Ability Score Improvement||4d8||4||3||—||—||—|
|12th||+4||Ability Score Improvement||6d8||4||3||3||—||—|
|15th||+5||Improved Magic Cloak||8d8||4||3||3||2||—|
|16th||+5||Ability Score Improvement, Mirror Minion||8d8||4||3||3||2||—|
|19th||+6||Ability Score Improvement||10d8||4||3||3||3||2|
|20th||+6||The Mind's Eye||10d8||4||3||3||3||2|
Mask Of Many Faces
Starting at 1st level, you are able to cast disguise self a number of times equal to your Charisma modifier without expending a spell slot. When you cast Disguise Self with this trait, you receive the following benefits in addition to the normal benefits of the spell:
- You can give yourself a different voice or mimic the sounds of a creature you've heard talking or creating sound for at least 1 minute. You cannot talk in a language you have not heard for at least 1 minute.
- This version of Disguise Self lasts until a creature discerns that it is an illusion or you finish a long rest. If either your appearance or voice is discerned, the other illusion is discerned as well.
To discern that you are disguised, a creature can use its action to inspect your appearance and must succeed on an Intelligence (Investigation) check against your spell save DC.
At 1st level, your agency grants you a strange weapon. This mystical knife is the size of a dagger and is one-handed, deals 1d8 piercing damage, and has the Finesse and Thrown properties, with a range of 20/60 feet. Only you can bond with this knife. If a creature that isn't bonded with this knife attempts to wield it, they take psychic damage equal to your level, and the Rune Knife is treated as an improvised weapon for them. At 3rd level, when you select your archetype, your Rune Knife bears the runes that represent the field you have selected.
Starting at 1st level, you can take advantage of an enemy when they lower their guard. Once per turn, you can deal an extra 1d8 damage to one creature you hit with an Attack if you have advantage on the Attack roll. The Attack must use a Finesse or a ranged weapon. The amount of the extra damage increases as you gain levels in this class, as shown in the Back Stab column of the Masquerade table.
Starting at 2nd level, you are able to cast Invisibility (self only) once per short rest without expending a spell slot.
Starting at 2nd level, your quick thinking and agility allow you to move and act quickly. You can take a Bonus Action on each of your turns in Combat. This action can be used only to take the Dash, Disengage, or Hide action.
Starting at 3rd level, you gain the ability to craft smoke bombs that can distract your foes. You can craft a number equal to your proficiency bonus on a long rest.
On your turn, you may use your bonus action to throw down a smoke bomb to debilitate your foes. You can choose to throw the bomb at a point within 30ft of you. Creatures in a 10ft radius originating from the bomb must pass a Dexterity saving throw against your DC or be blinded for 1 minute. A creature can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself with a success.
The Runes Of Devotion
At 3rd level, you chose a Rune type for your Rune knife . Choose between Beast Rune,Shadow Rune,Soul Rune, All detailed at the end of the class description. Your choice grants you features at level 3 and again at 6th,10th,17th
Starting at 7th level, you can nimbly dodge out of the way of certain area effects, such as a red dragon's fiery breath or an Ice Storm spell. When you are subjected to an Effect that allows you to make a Dexterity saving throw to take only half damage, you instead take no damage if you succeed on the saving throw, and only half damage if you fail.
your pocket watch provided by you organization allows you to fake your death leaving a crack in time where you duplicate your body while your actual body teleports any where in an unoccupied space within 10 ft to proceed with your escape, though your time is limited to how long it lasts provided by your DM if the DM is fine by it the time resumes after a minute has passed. you may not attack but you can do other checks to get out of your situation. But your under the effect of haste as well. works like stop time but not as effective. (basically made to run away) (lvl 10)
Starting at 6th level, you gain proficiency in two Charisma skills of your choice. If you already have proficiency in a skill, you instead may add double your proficiency bonus to it. You can choose to gain advantage on the skills you chose through this feature twice. You regain the ability to gain advantage in this way after a long rest.
Starting at 5th Level, when an attacker that you can see hits you with an attack, you can use your reaction to halve the attack's damage against you.
Starting at 13th level, you can now cast Greater Invisibility once without expending a spell slot per long rest. You also retain the ability to cast Invisibility once per long rest without expending a spell slot.
Starting at 14th level, if you are able to hear, you are aware of the location of any hidden or Invisible creature within 10 feet of you.
As an action, you create a perfect illusion of yourself that lasts for 1 minute, or until you lose your concentration (as if you were concentrating on a spell). The illusion appears in an unoccupied space that you can see within 30 feet of you. As a bonus action on your turn, you can move the illusion up to 30 feet to a space you can see, but it must remain within 120 feet of you. When both you and your illusion are within 5 feet of a creature that can see the illusion, you have advantage on attack rolls against that creature, given how distracting the illusion is to the target. Additionally, a target has disadvantage on attack rolls against you while the duplicate remains. You can use this feature once per long rest.
For an hour you can shed bright light around the 30ft radius and those who are willing are inspired to fight along side you. All attacks get advantage for 1 minute. You can use this again after a long rest
The Mind's Eye
You take a minute to focus as time moves in slow motion as you open your mind to the outside world. Your eyes then glow the Rune's color- Power red, Shadow purple, Soul blue then a symbole of your rune appears on your iris. Dont worry you can still see.
- You are able to Parry without exhaustion still only limited once per turn.
- Things under affect of Disguise self or Invisibility are exposed no matter what. Also things like Illusion spells cant trick you.
- You are immune to being charmed,frightened and paralyzed also you have advantage on rolling against Feeble mind.
- When you make a Charisma or Wisdom saving throw you ccan choose to succeed instead 3 times before needing a long rest.
=Imrpoved Rune Knife
Ability Score Improvement
When you reach 4th level, and again at 8th, 12th, 16th and 19th level, you can increase one ability score of your choice by 2, or you can increase two ability scores of your choice by 1. As normal, you can't increase an ability score above 20 using this feature.
<!-Class feature game rule information->
Rune Of Power
You focus all your power into pure damage
- Relentless Power
Your reckless flow of power allows you to buff what you normally do for damage. You may overcharge your spell or attack adding +10 to damage roles and any more uses you take 1d12 psychic damage. though you may stack it but beware the consequence as you take maximum damage doubled when abusing this feature (3rd lvl)
- Unstable Force
When you land a backstab you create an explosion of radiant/necrotic/lightning or psychic equaling half your backstab damage to all who fail a Dex save against your spell save DC. -range 40ft- (6th lvl)
- Obliterating Critical
Once per long rest you an choose to multiply your critical by 4 -for the sake of damn near instantly killing things backstab does not work with this- (10th lvl)
- Wrath Of Vengeance
The Rune's sure force of power extends to it's max, making it vibrate in your hand. In one action for the cost of your knife being temporarily inactive the backstab damage counts anywhere you hit the target and it will do maximum damage with
- The Knife gets a +10 to hit on its own with this feature and may not stack with anything else than your modifier and proficiency (17th lvl)
This Rune is VERY rare and is chosen for those who are calm and level headed. They are chosen for complex stealth missions
- '"The Darkness Is where I Roam"
You can travel almost anywhere in the dark and thanks to the Rune you can teleport anywhere that is completely dark and as long as your in the darkness you have advantage on stealth and hide in the dark as if it were full cover due to you becoming a shadow blending in with the darkness. (3rd lvl)
- anything with Dark vision must roll perception without advantage
- If you are in your shadow form and you touch light you take 1d8 damage while the light hits and reveals you
- Your aura takes out common lights like torches and lanterns etc but not magic ones
- Stealth Take Down
When you successfully sneak up on some one you can put them to sleep while they need to make a Charisma save on disadvantage but they dont die they fall asleep. But this is a special type of sleep, they can only be woken up by anything that tries to kill them will end this trans. (6th lvl)
- Black Cloud
This Subclass gets a special type of smoke bomb that Instead grants 2nd lvl exhaustion as the enemy is in this cloud. Only those who have the rune equipped can tread through this cloud without effect. (10th lvl)
- It consumes an action to form it and takes a bonus action to end it
- You can't be seen in this cloud. But you become visible on attack
- This counts as darkness.
- Dark Ghost
When your in darkness you are almost translucent and hard to see the only thing they see is the purple tint in your eyes.(17th lvl)
- You are immune to non-magic attacks and gain resistances to all but radiant.
- All attack rolls have Disadvantage to hit you.
- You can walk through walls and obstacles with ease but ending your turn in an obstacle will cause damage.
- Every time you move they have to roll perception to keep track of you.
- while standing in light in this form will greatly harm you or if someone shines a magical light on you you take 4d10 light damage.
- If the target can see you, you can use an action to put them into a temporary nightmare putting them into a frightened status on a failed charisma saving throw.
This Rune is given to those who work for Death. This Rune collects souls upon kill or if some one kills the other you must ask if they are willing to let you take the soul off their kill.
- You gain souls equal to your level
- Spend 1 or more soul point to deal extra damage worth 1d6 to any attack or spell
- Spend 1 soul to empower any of your roles adding whatever you roll on a 1d6
- Soul Revitalization
You can heal yourself 1d6 plus your charisma mod or you may heal a Allie because the power of the rune spreads through out your body (3rd lvl)
- Number of souls determine how many d6s you add
- Soul Web
On your turn you may throw out a spectral web unseen to the naked eye. With paper scattered all over the lines of the web with symbols drawn on them. Upon Detonation the bombs will ignite in green flames. 1d6 per soul for fire damage (6 lvl)
- This web spreads out a radius of 30 feet.
- Those who step into it make a Dex save or they will get tangled in this web
- Those who are Tangled take the full damage and those who are free take half the damage inside the radius
- Soul Beam
You spend all your soul points to form a massive blast of necrotic energy (evil) Radiant energy (good) (10th lvl)
- 1 Action acquired to charge this beam up and another to release
- This is a ranged attack 10ft in width and 100ft length
- You deal the damage of maximum souls
- The Keeper
You are a master at collecting souls and you are able to back up yourself with 5 additional souls provided that your not at max
- You also are allowed 2 rituals per day instead of 1
- Soul Beam now takes half the souls but treats it like you did giving it 1 more use or allowing you to follow up.
- On your turn you can spend 2 soul points to summon a creature of CR 1 and higher with 2 more (look at the specter creature sheet to learn more.)
- If one of your party members die you may use All of your soul points to resurrect them within the 1 hour time frame
You know all of the spells on the basic spell list and additional spells based on your subclass.
- 1st Level
• Armor of Agathys • Arms of Hadar • Cause Fear • Charm Person • Comprehend Languages • Expeditious Retreat • Healing Elixir • Hellish Rebuke • Hex • ID Insinuation (UA) • Illusory Script • Protection from Evil and Good • Puppet • Sense Emotion • Unseen Servant • Witch Bolt
- 2nd Level
• Cloud of Daggers • Crown of Madness • Darkness • Earthbind • Enthrall • Flock of Familiars • Hold Person • Invisibility • Mental Barrier (UA) • Mind Thrust (UA) • Mirror Image • Misty Step • Ray of Enfeeblement • Shatter • Spider Climb • Suggestion • Thought Shield (UA)
- 3rd Level
• Counterspell • Dispel Magic • Enemies Abound • Fear • Fly • Gaseous Form • Hunger of Hadar • Hypnotic Pattern • Magic Circle • Major Image • Psionic Blast (UA) • Remove Curse • Spirit Shroud (UA) • Summon Fey Spirit (UA) • Summon Shadow Spirit (UA) • Summon Undead Spirit (UA) • Tongues • Vampiric Touch
- 4th Level
• Banishment • Blight • Dimension Door • Ego Whip (UA) • Elemental Bane • Galder's Speedy Courier • Summon Abberant Spirit (UA) • Hallucinatory Terrain
- 5th Level
• Contact Other Plane • Dream • Intellect Fortress (UA) • Hold Monster • Scrying
Prerequisites. To qualify for multiclassing into the <!-class name-> class, you must meet these prerequisites:
Proficiencies. When you multiclass into the <!-class name-> class, you gain the following proficiencies: