Lunarii (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Lunarii are very reclusive, usually only seen at night. They're very shy and quiet, not the type to enjoy being around those not of their own race. They have an unquenchable thirst for knowledge. However their shy reclusiveness causes an internal war within themselves. Those that overcome their fear of the outer societies will typically leave home and become nomads, constantly searching for any and all forms of knowledge to bring home to their underground villages. Besides their unquenchable thirst for knowledge, Lunarii also tend to fall easily into depressions. Visions of their loved ones death flashing before their eyes with little to no warning.
Lunarii are medium sized exotic humanoids. They usually stand anywhere from 5-7 feet tall, with males being smaller than females. They all have pale skin tones that can range from blues, greens, purples and yellows. They have bright, vibrant eyes that glow in the dark, giving them a very ethereal feel. Lunarii are very slender and curvy. They have very tiny waists and full hips and busts. They have four arms, with the top set extending down to below their knees, while the lower set seem to be a much more normal length. They also have a long thin tail with the tip flaring out like a betta fish tail. Natural intricate markings are seen to wrap around their arms, starting from their eyes down to their fingertips. Most other races find the Lunarii extremely attractive like a siren to a fisherman.
Lunarii, even when traveling tend to avoid people of all races due to their shy nature, however if confronted they are usually very peaceful and make great allies.
While Lunarii can be of any alignment, most tend to be of neutral alignments.
Lunarii prefer to live mostly underground in their home made cave systems, with a large meadow not far from the entrance. However it is not uncommon for them to make homes under water as well
Lunarii follow the Shinto religion, but primarily pray to Tsukiyomi the god of the moon.
Common and Aquan. (Lunarii with high intelligence scores can also choose Elven, Dwarven, Draconic, Terran and/or Undercommon)
- +2 Dex, -1 Con, +2 Cha: Lunarii while both beautiful and agile, are not very resilient against physical attacks.
- Humanoid (Aquatic):
- Lunarii base land speed is 30 feet: Swim speed is 40 feet.
- Darkvision (Ex): You have darkvision out to 60 feet.
- Eyes of the Moon: Once per day, on a passing roll, a Lunarii can see the possible death of a single party member, allowing the party member to reroll a failed save. Using this ability causes the Lunarii to become shaken or startled for 1d4 rounds.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Aquan. Bonus Languages: Elven, Dwarven, Draconic, Terran and/or Undercommon.
- Favored Class: Having frail bodies and inherent magical abilities typically end up becoming sorcerers or Wizards. However its not uncommon for lunarii who escape slavery to find themselves as bards or concubines.
- Level Adjustment: +0
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|40 years||70 years||100 years||+2d10 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5’ 0”||+2d10||110 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||5’ 5”||+2d12||120 lb.||× (2d6) lb.|