Kitsune, 2nd Variant (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Kitsune are very perky and charming, however they often have devilish tricks up their sleeve as well. They enjoy good fun every now and again but they are not above getting into a fight if the situation demands it. A Kitsune will often stick close with friends that they know they can trust, and if they have none will most often hide the fact they are Kitsune until they find that they can trust someone. Nevertheless a Kitsune is a good friend and a frightening foe.
Kitsune in their natural form will look to others as a regular human would. That is if a regular human could have multiple fox tails and ears. Their eye and hair color vary just as much as a humans would except they can also have white hair and fur. Kitsune are tall and skinny, standing about 6 feet tall and weighing about 105 to 145 pounds with kitsune males slightly heavier than the average kitsune female. The kitsune are lithe, but suffer from a somewhat feeble body. They have two fox-like ears protruding from their head. They sport a long, bushy tail and grow extra ones as they age. Kitsune live for about 270 years, each 30 years growing one extra tail. Once they reach adulthood (30 years), they stop physically aging, leaving tail count as the best way to determine age. A Kitsune's second tail is proof of adulthood.
Many races get along well with Kitsune's as they have no direct enemies. They get along particularly well with halflings, who share their adventurous, or at least curious, nature.
Their views of the world differ just as much as others so there is no favorite when it comes to good, neutral, and evil. However they still choose chaotic over neutral or lawful most times.
Kitsune are wanderers mostly, as such they have no lands. Nor do they have true territory. A Kitsune's life is normally one of tales of adventures, so a true home is normally a group rather than a place.
Kitsune treat religion equally just like most humans. Though some have a very deep want to get closer to the gods, most gods will see Kitsune as too troublesome. Most religions that use divine find the Kitsune to be far too chaotic to the church, and although they do not mind their presence.
Kitsune speak common and Sylvan.
Most kitsune names are derived ether from their birthplace or a relative. Because of that knowing there name also means you have gained their trust because you can potentially know about there life and birth.
- +2 dexterity, +2 charisma, -2 Strength, -2 constitution: Kitsune are very agile and charming, however their muscular build is not as fit as others.
- humanoid (shape shifter).
- +2 Diplomacy
- Medium Size: No bonus or penalty
- Kitsune base land speed is 30 feet: 30ft in fox form
- Low-light Vision: A kitsune can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination.
- Fox Form (Su): A Kitsune can transform into the shape of a small fox. This ability is supernatural so it can be disrupted by certain spells. If a Kitsune's Fox Form is disrupted in this way they will return to their natural form, if there is no space they will stay in fox form and take 1d6 damage every turn until they get to a big enough space to transform back. The Kitsune fox form is a small category creature.
- Magic Tails (Ex):Kitsune can produce the effects dancing lights at will, as the spell (caster level 2nd). Kitsune can activate this ability as a standard action: Gaining the ability to produce dancing lights with their tails at a young age, kitsune are masters at manipulating it and using it to trick their enemies.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Sylvan. Bonus Languages: Elven, Infernal, Celestial, Draconic and Abyssal
- Favored Class: Sorcerer, Rogue.
- Level Adjustment: +0
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|125 years||180 years||250 years||+4d10 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 10"||+2d10||100 lb.||+5d10 lb.|
|Female||4' 5"||+2d10||95 lb.||+5d10 lb.|