Kerki'n (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Kerki'n are generally very aloof, and awkward, especially with other humanoids. They stick to their own kind, and distrust those not of the forest, often causing trouble where they can.
Kerki’n average 6 feet tall and usually weigh around 220 pounds. A Kerki’n has a goat-like head with slightly curled horns; they have a lean yet muscular body and very lanky arms, almost like an ape. Their feet resemble those of a goats hooves and their eyes are usually yellow or amber colored and their hair is a reddish brown.
Kerki'n have little affinity for other races, tending to trust only other Kerki'n. Those native to the forest, Kerki'n will oft play tricks on, but are not generally hostile.
Being forest dwellers, Kerki’n tend towards chaotic alignments, usually chaotic neutral.
Kerki’n live in the forests that cover the foothills of the eastern mountains. Normally, Kerki’n live in small tribes near a river or stream, sheltering in dug-out houses with sod roofs on which their goats graze.
Kerki’n do not see the need for religion, but when one does, he usually worships Obad-hai or another deity of nature.
Kerki'n speak their own language of the same name as well as Common.
Male: Byaarn, Teef, Gark'n; Female: Byora, Kin'ika, Tafa.
- +4 Strength, +2 Constitution, −2 Intelligence, −2 Charisma: Kerki’n are strong and tough, but they have little need for education.
- Kerki’n base land speed is 30 feet.
- Medium: As medium creatures, Kerki’n have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Weapon Familiarity: Kerki’n treat greataxes as simple weapons, rather than martial weapons.
- Superior Low-light Vision: Kerki’n can see four times a far as a human under poor illumination.
- Natural Weapons: gore (1d6)
- Special qualities: Scent
- +3 natural armor bonus
- Weapon proficiency: A Kerki’n is proficient with the greataxe and all simple weapons.
- Racial Skills: Kerki’n have a +2 racial bonus on Jump, Spot and Listen checks.
- Automatic Languages: Kerki’n, Common. Bonus languages: Giant, Infernal, Bray.
- Favored Class: Fighter.
- Level Adjustment: +2
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|30 years||45 years||60 years||+2d10 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 10"||+2d4||180 lb.||× (2d6) lb.|
|Female||5' 10"||+2d4||160 lb.||× (2d6) lb.|