Intelligent Zombie (2.5e Creature)
From D&D Wiki
|Activity Cycle:||Night (sometimes during day if in shadows)|
|Number of Attacks:||2|
|Special Attacks:||See Below|
|Special Defenses:||Spell Immunity|
- The Intelligent zombie is a living creature that has taken on the foul powers and abilities of the undead. They are formed on rare occasions as the result of a raise dead spell gone wrong. Within one week of the raise attempt, the corpse awakens as a Intelligent Zombie.
- Intelligent Zombies look as they did in life, save that their skin has turned to the pale grey of death, and their flesh is rotting and decaying. Their eyes are either pure black or pure white.
- The Intelligent zombies can speak those languages they knew in life, and have all of the memories that the person trying to raise them had. (ex: Borol cast raise dead on his friend, Emelia, she failed to be raised and became an Intelligent Zombie. She knows all the languages she did before she died and has all the memories and thoughts of Borol, (up until the spell failed)). They also seem to have a telepathic or mystical ability to converse freely with the living dead. Further, they can speak with dead merely by touching a corpse. Intelligent Zombies are turned as vampires.
- When forced into combat, it relies on the great strength of its two crushing fists. The odor of death surrounding the Intelligent zombie is so potent it causes horrible effects in those who breathe it. On the first round a character comes within 30 yards, he must save vs. poison or be affected in some way. The following results are possible:
|1||Weakness (as the Spell)|
|2||Cause Disease (as the spell)|
|3||-1 point of Constitution|
|4||Contagion (as the spell)|
|5||Character unable to act for 1d4 rounds due to nausea and vomiting|
|6|| Character dies instantly and becomes a zombie under control of the
- All zombies within sight of the Intelligent Zombie are subject to its mental instructions. Further, the creature can use the senses of any zombie within a mile of it to learn all that is happening within a very large area. Once per day, the Intelligent Zombie can animate dead to transform dead creatures into zombies. This works as described in the Player's Handbook except that it can be used on the living. Any living creature with fewer Hit Dice than the Intelligent Zombie can be attacked in this manner. A target who fails a saving throw vs. death is slain. In 1d4 rounds, the slain creature rises as a zombie under the Intelligent Zombie's command.
- Intelligent Zombies seek out places of death as lairs. Often, they live in old graveyards or on the site of a tremendous battle -- any place there may be bodies to animate and feast upon. The mind of the Intelligent Zombie tends to focus on death and the creation of more undead. The regions around their lairs are often littered with the decaying bodies, half eaten, of those who have tried to confront the foul beast.