Insectoid, Arachnid (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Insectoid Arachnids act however they are raised to. Some tend to become warrior magi and fight for their colonies, and others move on to become storytellers.
Arachnids usually have dark skin tones (Black, brown, grey) but can tend to have lighter ones (grey, silver or white), have spidery appendages on their backs and small hair-like fronds on the bottoms of their feet that grant them greater climbing and jumping prowess.
Arachnids try to keep ties open with most races except other Insectoid races, with the exception of Lepidoptera, as some are often subservient to them.
Most Arachnids are chaotic, but can be anything.
Arachnids sometimes live in underground societies or in treetop cities.
Most Arachnids worship Anansi, the storyteller spider god, but are free to worship what they please.
Arachnids speak Common and Insectoid.
Arachnids tend to take on perfectly normal human names.
- +6 Intelligence, +4 Charisma, -4 Constitution, -2 Strength; Arachnids are quite brilliant and don’t usually engage in direct combat. An Arachnid usually sticks to the back of the battlefield and assists the rest of the party.
- Humanoid (Insectoid)
- Size: Medium
- Arachnid base land speed is 40 ft.
- Arachnids get a +4 to Jump and Climb
- Automatic Languages: Common and Insectoid. Bonus Language: Any non-secret
- Favored Classes: Sorcerer or Wizard
Arachnids must select one of the following two ability sets:
- Spell-Like Abilities: Spider-kin can use the following spell-like abilities once per day: spider climb, web. Caster level equals the spider-kin's class levels.
- Scorpion Sting: As a standard action in combat, once per day a Scorpion-kin Arachnid may excrete a toxin into the claws on their fingers and can slash for 4d4 + INT damage; Target of Scorpion Sting must then make Fortitude save (DC 10 + Scorpion-kin ECL) or take an additional 4d6
- Hypnotic Poison: As a standard action in combat, once per day a Scorpion-kin Arachnid may use its toxins to fire a 1d4 bolt of poison at a target; The target must then make a Will Save (DC = Scorpion-kin Arachnid’s d20 + CHA) or they must obey one of the following commands: ‘Drop your weapon’, ‘Remove your armor’, or ‘Strike at your ally’.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|400 years||800 years||1000 years||+1600 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||6' 2"||+1d8||161 lb.||× (2d8) lb.|
|Female||5' 4"||+1d8||126 lb.||× (2d8) lb.|