Inquisitor (5e Subclass)
From D&D Wiki
|Kill the mutant, burn the heretic, purge the unclean.|
Inquisitors are master hunters of all people magical. Some fight for a fanatical god, some fight for an oppressive government, and some fight for revenge. Regardless, inquisitors are the feared hunters and huntresses of mages. They comb the land looking for their enemies, specializing in bringing them down for the sake of god, king, gold, or self. Striking from the shadows and vanishing without a trace these quick, charismatic rogues are unwavering in their devotion to the cause.
- Mage Hunters
At level 3 you begin to dedicate your life to the hunting of magicians. When you choose this subclass you gain the following benefits:
- When a target casts a spell within your attack range you can spend your reaction to immediately attack. Once per day this attack can interrupt their casting (wasting their spell slot and action). One must complete a short rest before you use this feature again. (Twice at level 11) (Three times at level 17)
- Use your bonus action to preform a Religion check contested against the targets Arcana check. On a success you can perform the Sneak Attack feature for 1 minute or until you target another creature with this ability.
- Spell Dampening
As you refine your hunting technique you gain the following benefits at level 9:
- You have advantage on all magic saving throws.
- You also are immune to being charmed.
- Veteran Hunter
As you become more experienced, you learn the skills necessary to fight magic users and come out alive. At level 13 you gain the following benefits:
- You are able to see the creature you have marked weakness, once you land an attack you can choose to hit its weak point multiplying the damage of the dice rolled by 2. You must complete a long rest before you can do this again.
- Master Inquisitor
At level 17, you have become a master inquisitor. You now know how to defeat even the most dangerous of magic users. You gain the following benefits:
- Your sneak attack against magic users are rolled with d8
- Once per day you can cast anti-magic field