Human Paragon (5e Class)
From D&D Wiki
Human inventors, explorers, and others who push the boundaries of knowledge and experience may become human paragons. They turn adversity into opportunity by finding new ways to apply their skills, discovering new techniques to solve problems, and challenging entropy by constantly seeking out ventures they have not yet mastered. Humans, and the paragons who rise from among them, balance strength with agility and temper intellect with intuition.
You must be a human to take class levels in human paragon.
If you multiclass into human paragon, you gain all its starting armor, weapon and tool proficiencies.
As a Human Paragon you gain the following class features.
- Hit Points
Hit Dice: 1d8 per Human Paragon level
Hit Points at 1st Level: 8 + Constitution modifier
Hit Points at Higher Levels: 1d8 (or 5) + Constitution modifier per Human Paragon levelafter 1st
Armor: Light armor
Weapons: Simple weapons
Tools: one artisan's tools, one gaming set and one musical instrument.
Saving Throws: One of Constitution, Dexterity or Wisdom; one of Charisma, Intelligence or Strength
Skills: Choose any two
You start with the following equipment, in addition to the equipment granted by your background:
- (a) Two light hammers or (b) a spear
- (a) a shortbow and quiver of 20 arrows or (b) four javelins
- Leather armor
- (a) an explorer's pack or (b) a scholar's pack
- If you are using starting wealth, you have 3d4 × 10 gp in funds.
|4th||+2||Ability Score Increase|
At 1st level, you gain proficiency with the training downtime activity proficiency and one other downtime activity proficiency of your choice.
At 2nd level, choose either Fighting Style: Personal Weapon Style, or Spell Research. Your choice gives you several benefits.
- Fighting Style: Personal Weapon Style
- Choose club, dagger, dart, light hammer, sickle or sling. The damage you deal with your chosen weapon is 1d6 instead of 1d4.
- Choose handaxe, javelin, light crossbow, mace, quarterstaff, shortbow or spear. You gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls you make with that weapon.
- Spell Research
- You know any two cantrips.
- You know any one 1st level spell. You can cast it once. You can cast it again after you finish a long rest.
- You can choose Charisma, Intelligence of Wisdom as your spellcasting ability for these spells.
At 3rd level, you gain proficiency in two of the following tools: disguise kit, forgery kit, herbalism kit, navigator's tools, poisoner's kit, thieves' tools, vehicles (land) or vehicles (water).
Ability Score Increase
When you reach 4th level you can increase one ability score of your choice by 2, or you can increase two ability scores of your choice by 1. As normal, you can't increase an ability score above 20 using this feature.
At 5th level, choose one of your skill proficiencies and one of your tool proficiencies. Your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make that uses either of the chosen proficiencies.
Back to Main Page → 5e Homebrew → Classes