Human, Ishtari (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
A typical Ishtar Human tends to be kind, though wary of strangers.
The Ishtari appear much like any other human. However, their skin is noticeably darker. Their hair is typically black or brown, and grays or whitens with age. Their eyes typically appear brown, though blue and green are also common. Uncommon colors include hazel, teal, and gray; violet, gold, and silver are rare shades.
While the Ishtari typically prefer to stick with their own kind, they are more than welcoming of those who prove themselves friends. They have a distrust of Dwarves, Drow, and other races that tend to live underground, but are capable of overcoming these biases.
The civilized society as a whole tends to be Neutral or Lawful Neutral. Nomads tend to be Neutral to Chaotic Neutral. Of course, each individual is capable of anything from Lawful Good to Chaotic Evil.
The Ishtari call the desert their home. The vast expanses of sand bring a warm and tender feeling of safety to their hearts, for more reasons than the heat. They tend to coalesce and build cities near rivers, coasts, and oases. However, anywhere there is enough water to survive, the Ishtari thrive. Nomads are also common, herding their camels and such from place to place, often trading goods for extra coin.
The Ishtari tend to worship nature deities, such as gods of Water, Deserts, Fire, and Storms. They also worship deities of Harvest and War. Above all else, though, they venerate Pelor, the god of the Sun. Gods of cold and snow have little to no place in the pantheon of the Ishtari.
The Ishtari speak, well, Ishtari. They also usually know the Common tongue for trade purposes.
For a real-world inspiration, take Arabian or Persian names. For men: Abbas, Amir, Farhad, Tauheed, Zahbir. For women: Aza, Nawar, Sabiya, Sara, Waqi.
- +2 Constitution, -2 Wisdom
- Humanoid (Human)
- Ishtar base land speed is 30 feet:
- The Ishtari can survive on half as much water as a normal human, due to being accustomed to desert conditions.
- +4 Survival to resist Hot Weather, -4 Survival to resist Cold Weather.
- +2 Ride checks with Camels.
- 1 extra feat at 1st level.
- 2 additional skill points at 1st level and 1 extra skill point at each additional level.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Ishtari. Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages, such as Druidic). See the Speak Language skill.
- Favored Class: Any
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|40 years||53 years||70 years||+2d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 10"||+2d10||110 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4' 5"||+2d10||80 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|