Half Beast Dragon Centaur (3.5e Racial Class)
From D&D Wiki
Half Beast Dragon Centaur
Dragon (augmented monstrous humanoid)
You arethe product of the union of a Centaur and a Beast Dragon from the Wilderness of the Beastlands
- +6 STR, -4 Int, +2 Wis
- Type: Dragon Subtype: Augmented monstrous humanoid.
- Can't take an arcane spellcasting class that uses Charisma for spells.
- +3 Natural Armor
- Speed 40 ft'
- Medium size
- Skills + 2 on search spot and listen.
- Attacks with weapons and hooves as centaur, but the centaurs hooves are replaced with feral claws which do slashing and piercing damage and are claws in every form. They will be called hooves below to distinguish them from the other claw attacks the creature gets. These are the primary natural weapon and they advance in damage as below.
- Automatic Languages: Sylvan, Elven, Draconic, Bonus: Common, Gnome, Halfling.
- Favored Class: Barbarian
- Level Adjustment: 6
Weapon and armor Proficiencies: None
|Level||Hit Dice||BAB||Fort||Ref||Will||Skill Points||Special|
|1st||1d12||+1||+2||+2||+2||6 + (Int mod) x 4||Hooves 1d3, -15 on climb checks to climb a surface that is, or near to vertical and -20 on balance checks on narrow surfaces.|
|2nd||2d12||+2||+3||+3||+3||6 + Int mod||+2 Con, +2 NA, Claws on hands do 1d3, Breath Weapon.|
|3rd||3d12||+3||+3||+3||+3||6 + Int mod||+2 Str, Natures Armor|
|4th||4d12||+4||+4||+4||+4||6 + Int mod||+2 Str, +2 Con, +1 NA, Gore attack 1d6, Scent|
|5th||5d12||+5||+4||+4||+4||6 + Int mod||+2 Wis, Hooves do 1d4,|
|6th||6d12||+6||+5||+5||+5||6 + Int mod||+2 Str, +1 NA, Hooves do 1d6|
|7th||7d12||+7||+5||+5||+5||6 + Int mod||+4 Str, +1 NA, gains bite attack 1d6 dmg,|
|8th||8d12||+8||+6||+6||+6||6 + Int mod||+2 Cha, +1 NA Claws do 1d4|
|9th||9d12||+9||+6||+6||+6||6 + Int mod||+2 Str, Track, Gore 1d8|
|10th||10d12||+10||+7||+7||+7||6 + Int mod||+2 Con, Large Size, gains two wing attacks 1d6 each, Speed 50ft'.|
|11th||11d12||+11||+7||+7||+7||6 + Int mod||+2 Str, Hooves do 1d8.|
|12th||12d12||+12||+8||+8||+8||6 + Int mod||+2 Dex, +1 NA, Hooves do 1d10.|
|13th||13d12||+13||+8||+8||+8||6 + Int mod||+2 Str, Hooves do 1d12.|
|14th||14d12||+14||+9||+9||+9||6 + Int mod||+2 Dex, Hooves do 2d6, speed 70ft'.|
Balance, Hide, Jump, Listen, Move Silently, Search, Spot, Survival.
Breath Weapon (SU),
The breath weapon is a cone of ice and lightning, doing half damage of each. The cone’s length is 5 feet per 2 Hit Die the Creature has, up to a maximum of 60 feet. The breath weapon deals 1d8 points damage, plus an extra 1d8 points for each 3 HD the Creature possesses (2d8 at 3 HD, 3d8 at 6 HD, and so on). A successful Reflex save (DC 10 + 1/2 the Creature's racial HD + its Con modifier) halves the damage. The Creature can use its breath weapon twice a day.
A Half Beast Dragon Centaur gains additional special attacks depending on its Hit Dice as shown below. It gains the special attacks indicated at the appropriate racial HD.
- 1 HD: Improved Grab (EX). If the Creature hits with a hoof attack, it deals normal damage and can attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. No initial touch attack is required. Improved grab works only against opponents at least one size category smaller than the Creature. The Creature has the option to conduct the grapple normally, or simply use the hoof it used in the improved grab to hold the opponent. If it chooses to do the latter, it takes a –20 penalty on grapple checks, but is not considered grappled itself; the Feral Creature does not lose its Dexterity bonus to AC, still threatens an area, and can use its remaining attacks against other opponents. A successful hold does not deal any extra damage. Each successful grapple check it makes during successive rounds automatically deals hoof damage. When the Creature gets a hold after an improved grab attack, it pulls the opponent into its space. This act does not provoke attacks of opportunity. It can even move (possibly carrying away the opponent), provided it can drag the opponent’s weight.
- 4 HD: Pounce (EX). When the Creature with this special attack makes a charge, it can follow with a full attack—including rake attacks if the creature also has the rake ability. This ability only gives the attacks from its hooves.
- 8 HD: Rake (EX). If the Creature gets a hold from improved grab, it can make two rake attacks at its full melee attack bonus with its hind legs. Each successful attack deals normal hoof damage plus 1/2 its Strength bonus (rounded down). If the Creature pounces on an opponent, it can also rake.
- 12 HD: Rend (EX). If the Creature strikes the same opponent with two hoof attacks, it automatically inflicts additional damage equal to two hooves plus 1.5 times its strength bonus. It cannot grab an opponent at the same time it rends them.
Darkvision and low light vision.
Fast Healing 1.
Resist cold and electricity 20
Immune to sleep and paralysis effects.
Natures Armor: A Beast Dragon lives of the wild like an animal and as such becomes naturally tougher. When unarmored and unencumbered, the creature adds its Constitution bonus (if any) to its AC.
This bonus to AC apply even against touch attacks or when flat-footed. It loses these bonuses when it wears any armor, when it carries a shield, or when it carries a medium or heavy load, or voluntarily slept indoors the night before, or if it eats food it didn't hunt or gather itself in the last 24 hours.
Wings (Ex): When the Creature becomes Large, it is big enough to start using its wings. It can use these wings to aid its jumps (granting a +10 racial bonus on Jump checks) and to glide. When it reaches 6 HD or more it can use its wings to fly.
- Gliding: The Creature can use its wings to glide, negating damage from a fall from any height and allowing 20 feet of forward travel for every 5 feet of descent. The Creature glides at a speed of 30 feet with average maneuverability. Even if the Creature's maneuverability improves, it can’t hover while gliding. The Creature can’t glide while carrying a medium or heavy load.
- If the Creature becomes unconscious or helpless while in midair, its wings naturally unfurl, and powerful ligaments stiffen them. The Creature descends slowly in a tight corkscrew and takes only 1d6 points of falling damage, no matter the actual distance of the fall.
- Flight: When the Creature reaches 6 HD, it gains a fly speed of 30 feet with average maneuverability. The creature can’t fly while carrying a medium or heavy load or while fatigued or exhausted. The creature can safely fly for a number of consecutive rounds equal to its Constitution modifier (minimum 1 round). It can double this length of flight but is fatigued by such exertion. The Creature is likewise fatigued after spending a total of more than 10 minutes per day flying. Because the Creature can glide before, after, and between rounds of actual flight, it can remain aloft for extended periods, even if it can only use flight for 1 round at a time without becoming fatigued.
- When it reaches 12 HD, the Creature has enough stamina and prowess to fly without tiring. It can fly at a speed equal to its base land speed (average maneuverability) with no more exertion than walking or running.
- At 18 HD, the Creatures fly speed is double its base land speed.
- A Creature with flight can make a dive attack. A dive attack works like a charge (including the pounce ability), but the Creature must move a minimum of 30 feet and descend at least 10 feet. The Creature can make a dive attack only when wielding a piercing weapon (including claws). If the dive attack hits, it deals double damage.
- A creature with flight can use the run action while flying, provided it flies in a straight line.
Feral Nature. A Half Beast Dragon Centaur is not at home in civilization and as such takes certain penalties.
- A Half Beast Dragon Centaur takes a -2 penalty on all Charisma based skill checks.
- A Half Beast Dragon Centaur surrounded by people or in a tight confined and trapped space becomes uneasy and restless. It must make a DC 15 Will save or become shaken. If it is trapped in a tight space and surrounded by people, the DC increases by 2. It remains shaken until it escapes these conditions but never becomes frightened unless it is exposed to a different fear effect.
- A Half Beast Dragon Centaur is illiterate and must spend the skill points to learn to read.
- A Half Beast Dragon Centaur finds some forms of spellcasting beyond its ability. Its restless nature keeps it from getting a solid 8 hours of sleep. It doesn't wake fatigued, but it lacks the clarity necessary to prepare spells that require intense focus. Half Beast Dragon Centaurs cannot take a class that requires the creature to be well rested prior to preparing spells (such as the wizard) or one that uses intelligence based spellcasting.