Half-Succubus, Variant (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
The result of breeding between a Succubus and some other humanoid creature, Half-Succubi are weak compared to their pure-blooded counterparts while having all of the flexibility that both sides of their families possess.
Half-Succubi tend to have varied personalities depending on their upbringing; those raised in Hell are usually like other Succubi, garnering for the attention of mortals in order to absorb their life-essence from them; those raised in the Material Plane tend to act like they should in the culture they grew up in. All Half-Succubi have a general attraction to mortals, like their demonic parent. Whether they act on this attraction or not depends on their personality.
Half-Succubi tend to be voluptuous females, with soft, fair skin and dark colored eyes. Male half-succubi are incredibly rare, but their genes cause them to grow into what is viewed as most attractive in a male in whatever culture they grow up in, although lean musculature and flawless skin are a common feature on both genders.
Half-Succubi are generally attractive to most other races, no matter what their appearance is and, as such, get along with just about anyone. The upbringing of the other individual is what dictates their actual interactions; Clerics and Paladins of Lawful alignments might be uncomfortable around a Half-Succubus, while those of Chaotic alignments might find them to be admirable companions.
Due to their demonic heritage, Half-Succubi gravitate towards the Chaotic alignments. While this is generally the norm, Half-Succubi of Neutral or Lawful alignments are not unheard of; they are just rarely seen or documented.
While their heritage as a Succubus gives them the ability to survive in almost any climate, a Half-Succubus may be more comfortable in warmer areas, such as deserts and plains, as their demonic heritage gives them some resistance to the extreme heat. Given time, however, a Half-Succubus can grow accustomed to living just about anywhere.
Half-Succubi tend to adopt a religion based on their upbringing; those living in Hell grow to worship those religious individuals of demonic origin, whereas those living on the surface will adopt whatever race's religion that they are living amongst. For example, a Half-Succubus living among the elves of the Material Plane might decide to worship Obad-Hai, the God of Nature.
Across all Half-Succubi, the language they can inherently speak is Abyssal. Depending on their upbringing, they may also be able to speak whatever language suits their environment.
Names are vastly individualized depending on upbringing; they may have a demonic name or they might have a name fit for the race of their other parent.
- +1 Dexterity, +3 Charisma, -1 Strength: Half-Succubi are fairly dexterous and very charismatic, but they tend to be lacking in the strength department, despite their appearance saying otherwise.
- Humanoid (Demonic): The diluted blood of the demon that flows through their veins makes the characteristics of other races float to the surface.
- Medium: Half-Succubi gain no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- A Half-Succubus' base land speed is 30 feet.
- +2 Racial Bonus to Bluff, Disguise and Sense Motive checks: Half-Succubi are fairly good at deceiving others, as well as discerning whether they are being deceived themselves.
- Demonic Heritage: While their status as a Half-Succubus may be hidden to others at first, another demon is more likely to figure out their lineage simply by looking at them; other demons get a +2 bonus to checks regarding the actual identity of your character.
- Boiling Blood: As a Half-Succubus becomes stronger, their demonic traits become more and more obvious.
|3||Elfen Ears; Alternate Form at will2, 3|
|6||Fledgling Horns; -2 to Disguise checks|
|9||Claw Natural Weapons, or size enhancement to existing ones.|
|12||Wings; Flight 30ft - Average Manueverability|
|15||Improved Flight as a Bonus Feat|
- Succubus' Embrace: The kiss or embrace of a Half-Succubus acts as a Charm Person spell. If the target is a willing participant, the half-succubus may suppress the ability. If the target is an unwilling participant, this ability must be initiated with a grapple action, which prompts an attack of opportunity. The save DC is Charisma-based.
- Automatic Languages: Abyssal plus one of the following, depending on upbringing;
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|110 years||200 years||350 years||+3d100 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 5"||+2d6||95 lb.||+((1d8)x10) lb.|
|Female||4' 10"||+3d6||85 lb.||+((1d10)x10) lb.|