Grippli (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Most gripplis are primitive hunter gatherers, living on large insects and fish found near their treetop homes, and are unconcerned about events outside their swamps. The rare grippli who leaves the safety of the swamp tends to be a ranger or alchemist seeking to trade for metals and gems.
Gripplis stand just over 2 feet tall and have mottled green-and-brown skin.
Usually Neutral, if not, then good. Evil grippli aren't common.
Swamp lands, jungles, and deep forest, depending upon the species of grippli.
- Gripplis are nimble and alert, but spindly. They gain +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, and –2 Strength.
- Gripplis are humanoids with the grippli subtype.
- Gripplis are Small creatures and thus gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 hide checks, but they use smaller weapons than humans use and their lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a medium character.
- Gripplis have a base speed of 30 feet and a climb speed of 20 feet.
- Darkvision: Gripplis can see perfectly in the dark up to 60 feet.
- Gripplis are proficient with nets.
- Toxic Skin (Ex): Once per day as a swift action, a grippli can create a poison that can be applied to a weapon or delivered as a touch attack. Alternatively, the grippli can smear the poison on its own body as a standard action, affecting the first creature to hit it with an unarmed strike or natural weapon. The poison loses its potency after 1 hour. The grippli is immune to its own poison. This racial trait replaces swamp stride and camouflage. Grippli Poison: Skin or weapon—contact or injury; save Fort DC 10 + 1/2 the grippli's Hit Dice plus its Constitution modifier; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect 1d2 Dexterity damage; cure 1 save.
- Glider: Aerodynamic bodies and thick webbing between the toes enable a falling grippli to treat the distance fallen as half the actual distance. The grippli can steer himself while falling, moving horizontally up to a number of feet equal to half the vertical distance fallen. The grippli cannot use this trait if it is wearing heavy armor, is carrying a heavy load, or is unable to react to the fall (such as being helpless).
- Jumper: Gripplis with this trait are always considered to have a running start when making Acrobatics checks to jump.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Grippli. . Bonus Languages: Boggard, Draconic, Elven, Gnome, Goblin, and Sylvan.
- Favored Class: Druid, Ranger, Rogue.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|30 years||40 years||50 years||+60 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||1' 7"||+2d4 in.||25 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||1' 5"||+2d4||20 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|