Gottians, Common (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Gottians is an insectoid-humanoid hybrid race. They live in big cities or colonies, as others call them, in three groups of the race that biologically differ. The Common Gottians live all over their cities, working every job, doing every normal thing for the Gottian cities. They live life like they want to and that's that. The Gender difference within the Common Gottians is huge, with only 4-5% of a city's Common population being male, the rest being female.
The Common Gottians can generally have any personallity imaginable. The only distinguishing characteristic about their personality is that they all care for their home and family and would give their life for the better of the home.
The Gottians usually sport multiple limbs and differ greatly in body mass and height, depending on their upbringing. The Common Gottians range in height from 4 feet to 8 feet in height. They're all covered in an exoskeleton, usually in dark colors. They all have wings, but not all are able to use them for flight. Their hands have between three and five fingers, depending on the rest of their body structure. Their feet differ from individual to individual and can have two, four or six legs. They are without any hair on their bodies and their heads are slightly elongated. They all walk upright as humans, but can use all limbs for running or climbing if they have to. Some have antennae, though it's usually only the high specie that have them.
The Common Gottians repruduce like every other kind of humanoid. Monogami is though, not a thing being withheld within the walls of a Gottian city. It is not unlikely for a single male to have 10 mates at one time, seeing the population is so diverse in it's gender population.
The females however, also carry around the fertilized eggs of the Low Gottians. This will be explained on their own page.
Gottians tend to like the company of other Gottians more than the company of other races. Other races are not even allowed inside their cities unless allowed by one of the high specie. Otherwise, they don't hate other species, it's just a sense of familiarity and insecurity of other races. There is though posibilities of hatred being widespread within a city because if hatred from a single high specie towards a person or race.
Gottians usually fit the good or neutral alignment, as none of them could ever dream of hurting other Gottians, let alone kill eachother.
The common Gottians do not live in specific lands, but follows their high specie to whatever lands they settle in. This is usually sunny or warm lands.
The Gottians do not have a specific religion, many of them not even religiously inclined, but those that are often tend to worship Velor or Aurifar, as their symbol, the Sun, is always visible during the day in the cities of the Gottians.
The Gottian race all share the language of Gót, a language specific to their race, but every city of Gottians have it's own language aswell. Common Gottians also know the language common, as they're free to travel away from the city when they want.
The Gottians are commonly refered to as a combination of their father's and mother's name until they reach the age of 4, where they chose their own name. Many choose to keep the part of the name they got from their father. There is no gender specific names, as there are not enough males in the population for it to make sense for them. All Gottians have two-parted names, held together by an apostrophy.
Example names would be: Got'nifar, His'jof, Yanni'hibo, Nif'libar
- +2 Wisdom, −2 Charisma: The Gottians are creatures born of instinct and therefore have high Wisdom. They are however not used to talking to those outside their family and city, so their Charisma lacks in that regard.
- Humanoid (Insect): Many of their features resemble insects, but their bodies are built like that of a humanoid.
- Medium: As medium-size creatures, Gottians have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Gottians base land speed is 25 feet. For every extra set of legs, increase this by 10.
- Low-light Vision: The Gottians might live under the sun, but their low-light vision is still good. They can see double the length of a human when it comes to poor illumination.
- Extra Limbs: At Character Creation only, the player chooses how many limbs the character has. The character can choose 2, 4 or 6 arms and/or legs. The extra arms are however incapable of the agility needed to use weapons, even with the trait Multiweapon Fighting. If the character choses to have 4 arms, the player gets −1 to either Dexterity or Strength. Both Dexterity and Strength gets −1 if the character choses to have 6 arms. If the character choses to have 4 legs, the player gets −1 to either Dexterity or Constitution. Both Dexterity and Constitution gets −1 if the character choses to have 6 legs. All rules for multiple limbs apply otherwise.
- Working wings: At Character Creation only, the player can chose wether the wings on the Gottian are going to be working or not. If the character choses for the wings to function fully, the character gets a −1 to both Strength and Constitution. If the character wants the wings to be able to glide only, the character choses which of Strength and Constitution gets a −1. If the character doesn't want working wings, neither strength, nor Constitution has to be decreased.
- Storming Front(Ex): The Gottians are able to bend over and use all their limbs to run with. For every two limbs, apart from the first two, that touch the ground, the groundspeed and climbspeed of the Gottian is increased by 50%. All limbs have to be used for this, meaning the character can not use them for anything else in this time.
- Automatic Languages: Gót, Common and their city language. Bonus Languages: Any, though no secret languages.
- Favored Class: Any.
- Level Adjustment: 0
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|75 years||120 years||150 years||+3d8 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 0"||+4d12||80 lb.||× () lb.|
|Female||4' 0"||+4d12||75 lb.||× () lb.|