Goliath Panda (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Goliath Pandas are the accidental creation of a deranged Wizard who crossed two pandas with his two Orc slaves when he crossed two spells. The result was the first two Goliath Pandas. After their escape, they began to grow the population in order to survive.
Goliath Pandas are often very timid creatures who just want to be left alone, they hate being seen by others when they are at their homes in the forests. However, there are some who want something more than just a peaceful life in the forest. They leave their homes in search of some fulfillment in their lives.
Goliath Panda males stand usually around 9 to 10 feet tall and weigh between 300 and 400 pounds, the females stand between 7 and 8 feet tall and weigh 250 to 325 pounds. They have black and white fur just like regular pandas but they usually have a distinct black marking over one of their eyes. Most of the Goliath Pandas who have left their home villages becomes extremely strong and lack the pudginess that comes with being a panda. All Goliath Pandas are born with glowing gold eyes, a remnant of the Wizard's magic that created them, when they are in combat their eyes glow brighter.
Goliath Pandas work best alone but they are willing to work in groups as well. They get along very well with all races, even those that are considered as outcasts by others. The only group of people that they have an issue with is Wizards, the Goliath Pandas still hold a grudge against the Wizard that created them because he held them as slaves for years before their escape. Goliath Pandas will not go as far as to completely reject having a Wizard on their team but if any are present the Goliath Pandas will hate their very existence.
Goliath Pandas can be any alignment so long as it is not evil. Despite their pent up rage towards their creator, Goliath Pandas lead peaceful lives in order to overcome their past. Goliath Pandas tend to be good but occasionally are neutral.
The land that Goliath Pandas call home is on a different plane of existence, it is a small plane known as Aldreth. Aldreth is made up of a single floating island with an enormous forest in perpetual autumn. All Goliath Pandas consider Aldreth their home despite some having chosen to abandon their forest for one in the regular world.
It is extremely rare that Goliath Pandas worship any deity because they feel that since a Wizard was their creator there is no higher being.
Goliath Pandas speak Common, Orcish, and Aldrethan. Aldrethan was not a language until the Goliath Pandas occupied the plane, it in fact is the Goliath Pandas' own language.
Goliath Pandas only use names as a formality so that their group members have something to call them by. Because of this their names are given to them when a Goliath Panda joins a new group, it is their choice as to whether or not they keep it after leaving a party.
- +2 Strength, +2 Intelligence, -2 Wisdom : Goliath Pandas are powerful and quick thinking but their actions are rash.
- Monstrous Humanoid (Panda)
- Medium: Despite their height, Goliath Pandas are still considered to be Medium creatures.
- Goliath Pandas' base land speed is 20 feet: If the Goliath Panda chooses, he can run on four legs to increase his base speed by ten. If he chooses to do this, the Goliath Panda cannot use weapons until he stands up again and draws a weapon.
- Racial Skill Bonuses: +2 Survival, +2 Knowledge (any one), +2 Handle Animal
- Spell-Like Ability: Once per day a Goliath Panda may use the residual magic in their eyes to add +10 to Spot, Search, or Decipher Script for one hour.
- Muscle Density: All Goliath Pandas have a +2 Natural Armor bonus due to their steel like muscles
- Automatic Languages: Common, Orcish, and Aldrethan. Bonus Languages: Goliath Pandas with higher intelligence may choose any bonus languages except for secret languages (e.g. Druidic)
- Favored Class: Monk
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|25 years||50 years||80 years||+2d10 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||9' 0"||+2d6 inches||300 lb.||× (1d2) lb.|
|Female||7' 0"||+2d4 inches||250 lb.||× (1d2) lb.|