Gibis (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
The world is filled with unknown mysteries staying quiet. In that quiet, the gibis secretly invade worlds.
The gibis (known in groupings as gistons) have begun fleeing their world as it dies. Plundered of resources, overpopulation and lawlessness they seek out other worlds to save themselves, but they lack control, never knowing how to conserve. With constant need to adapt to new locations, their mental prowess have grown greatly.
The gibis cherish knowledge and research of all kinds down to the smallest minutia. They relish spying upon their enemies (and friends), but as their race has gone so far spread, they seek companionship where they can find it.
The gibis reach a height of around four to five and a half feet tall and weigh from 75 to 110 pounds. Their skin is a pasty gray color but quite tough. However, there are occasional individuals with charcoal, slate and crimson skin. Their solid black eyes are large and wide. Their heads are awkwardly large for their size, with a large cranial dome and small chins. Their mouths are filled with tiny jagged razor teeth and their jaw opens much farther than it appears it should. Their rather large heads sit atop thin necks on low, sloping shoulders, and muscular arms. Normally kept close against their torsos, they have a smaller secondary set of arms that fold away out of trouble. Their hands sport four fingers with sharp nails. Their feet have three toes ending in talons. Two toes point forward while one points back.
A gibis often wears a form of protection around its neck to cover two slits that pulse with inflating and deflating sacs for breathing.
The gibis are fairly universal in their hate and aggression toward other races. However, they can and will tolerate and work with other races. Humans in particular are valued for their meat and organs, and the gibis tend to treat them about as well as humans treat farm animals. The gibis tend to treat human females a bit better, often seeing them as viable mothers for their children.
The gibis have a strong Chaotic Evil bend, and it will take much to stray them from that path.
Since the gibis hail from a world nearly devoid of resources, they are capable of adapting to live in areas considered inhospitable to other races. However, some seek out desserts and plains and others seek out crowded metropolises.
They typically practice no religion and only praise the cruel unforgiving lands they live upon.
They speak in a language of low vibrations, known as Gibis, that sounds like strange whirring noises to most other folks. They have also learned the human tongue of Common.
The gibis earn their names as they cross into adulthood, becoming warriors in their own rights and passages. Until a gibis earns a name, it is referred to as a numberling and is identified by a series of numbers and letters.
Numberling Names: c-546/r-5/tc-3498, av-34/xe-21/h-1090, b-540/e-2/xl-1112
Male Names: Always end in the letter o.
Female Names: Always end in the letter a.
- +2 Strength,+2 Dexterity, −2 Constitution, +4 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom: The gibis are strong and nimble with tough skin, but they must eat constantly to account for their inability to digest food properly. They are quite intelligent and perceptive.
- Monstrous Humanoid (Gibis)
- Gibis base land speed is 30 feet (6 squares). When a gibis reaches 5 HD he gains the supernatural ability to fly at 60 feet (perfect maneuverability) for 1 minute per point of Con bonus (the time need not be consecutive).
- Superior Low-Light Vision: A gibis can see five times as far as a human can in dim light.
- Darkvision 120 feet.
- Ravenous Appetite (Ex): A gibis must consume twice as much food as a typical medium creature to sustain itself. See Starvation and Thirst for details.
- Secondary Arms (Ex): A gibis may make use of its secondary arms. However, these arms are smaller and weaker than its primary arms, and are treated as one size smaller for wielding weapons effectively. In addition, their Strength is 2 less (minimum of 1, unless the gibis's Strength is 0).
- Transmuter: The gibis cast all spells of the Transmutation School at +2 caster levels.
- Technical Minded: The gibis gain a +4 racial bonus on Craft skill checks.
- Telekinetic (Su): The gibis can use the sustained force form of telekinesis at will. Caster level is character level. Save DC is Intelligence-based.
- Compliance (Su): The gibis can cast suggestion at will. Caster level is character level. Save DC is Intelligence-based.
- Mind Wipe (Ps): The gibis can cause temporary amnesia in a target, lasting 1d4 hours. The target is allowed a Will save DC 10 + ½ HD + Int modifier. On a failure, the target retains skills, languages, and class abilities but forgets everything else during the duration or until he receives a heal spell or memory restoration with limited wish, wish, or miracle. Regardless of success or failure, the target cannot be affected again by that gibis's Mind Wipe for 24 hours.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Gibis. Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages such as Druidic).
- Favored Class Any.
- Level Adjustment: +2
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|235 years||285 years||335 years||+1d10 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||3' 10"||+3d6||65 lb.||× (1d4) lb.|
|Female||3' 9"||+3d6||60 lb.||× (1d4) lb.|