Generative Domain (3.5e Cleric Domain)
From D&D Wiki
Granted Powers: Turn or destroy animals as a good cleric turns undead. Rebuke, command, or bolster Aberrations as an evil cleric rebukes undead. Use these abilities a total number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier. This granted power is a supernatural ability.
- Generative Domain Spells
- 1 Summon Nature's Ally I*: Creates a creature to fight for you.
- 2 Summon Nature's Ally II*: Creates a creature to fight for you.
- 3 Summon Nature's Ally III*: Creates a creature to fight for you.
- 4 Summon Nature's Ally IV*: Creates a creature to fight for you.
- 5 Summon Nature's Ally V*: Creates a creature to fight for you.
- 6 Summon Nature's Ally VI*: Creates a creature to fight for you.
- 7 Summon Nature's Ally VII*: Creates a creature to fight for you.
- 8 Summon Nature's Ally VIII*: Creates a creature to fight for you.
- 9 Summon Nature's Ally IX*: Creates a creature to fight for you.
*You may summon any creature listed. Replace its template with the Generative template. Apply the Generative template to any creature without a template.
Summon Nature's Ally Table (SRD Spell)
Generative creatures are creatures created in the image of life. However, this creation is imperfect. Most observers would see them as twisted and exaggerated version of real creatures. They are more awkward and varied than their earthly counterparts, often displaying colors, patterns, and displays that are radically different.
Generative creatures are often confused with aberrations, which are more powerful kinds of generative creatures hailing from the Generative planes.
Creating a Generative Creature
"Generative" is an inherited template that can be added to any corporeal animal, aberration, dragon, fey, giant, humanoid, magical beast, monstrous humanoid, plant, or vermin (referred to hereafter as the base creature).
A generative creature uses all the base creature’s statistics and abilities except as noted here. Do not recalculate the creature’s Hit Dice, base attack bonus, saves, or skill points if its type changes.
Size and Type: Animals or vermin with this template become aberrations, but otherwise the creature type is unchanged. Size is unchanged. Generative creatures encountered on the Material Plane have the extraplanar subtype.
Special Attacks: A generative creature retains all the special attacks of the base creature and also gains the following attack.
Smite Wild (Su): Once per day a generative creature can make a normal melee attack to deal extra damage equal to its HD (maximum of +20) against an wild foe (all animals and dire animals, and creatures able to wildshape. If using Endhaven, any creature of the Wild.)
Special Qualities: A generative creature retains all the special qualities of the base creature and also gains the following qualities.
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- Damage reduction (see the table below).
- Resistance to acid, electricity, and mind-affecting spells (see the table below).
- Spell resistance equal to HD + 5 (maximum 25).
|Hit Dice||Resistance to Acid, Electricity||Damage Reduction|
|12 or more||10||10/magic|
If the base creature already has one or more of these special qualities, use the better value.
If a generative creature gains damage reduction, its natural weapons are treated as magic weapons for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.
Abilities: Same as the base creature, but Intelligence is at least 3.
Environment: None. Generative creatures are not natural.
Challenge Rating: HD 3 or less, as base creature; HD 4 to 7, as base creature +1; HD 8 or more, as base creature +2.
Alignment: Neutral (or Generative).
Level Adjustment: Same as the base creature +2.
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Homebrew → Complex Special Ability Components → Spells → Cleric Domains