Flesh Golem, Lost Variant (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Note: It is suggested that a player creating a Flesh Golem chooses the race the Flesh Golem was before dying.
Once living creatures these golems are created using forbidden magics, but can sometimes retain their original mind, personality, and skills.
Flesh Golems are corpses given life again through a variety forbidden magical methods. This means that while they retain much of their original personality from their previous life, yet it is also slightly warped. (See Relations)
Height: same as their original races
Skin Color: That of their original race that has been dead for some time. (Usually more pale.)
Eye Color: Grey
Flesh Golems are sometimes made from a corpse that needed to be bound back together leading to a ghastly visage of crisscrossed stitching.
A flesh Golem cannot be made from Flesh Golem parts.
Flesh Golems usually have the same personality they had before they died except with slight warping. This change in personality is most commonly apathy towards important aspects of their previous life although this warping is also known to drastically alter a personality to a degree it is unrecognizable from their original.
Largely do to this change of personality they are shunned by society, especially by the ones who knew them before they died should they ever return home. A homecoming almost always ends with fear, hate, and aggression.
Usually Neutral, but a heavily warped personality can become a deranged chaotic evil.
Flesh Golems have no lands, but some do consider their previous live’s homeland as their own whether they are welcome there or not.
Most religions believe Flesh Golems should be killed and for their souls must be set free from their flesh. Many famous clerics have found their fortune in the hunting of Flesh Golems; paid by the former loved ones of the hunted.
This leads Flesh Golems to despise most religions although it would not be impossible for them to seek religion after being created while searching for answers.
Rarely Flesh Golems are able to speak Celestial or Abyssal after creation although it is unknown why.
Flesh Golems are strong and tough, but they are clumsy and usually care little about others.
- +2 Strength, -2 Dexterity, +4 Constitution, -4 Charisma
- Flesh Golem base land speed is 30 feet
- Reborn Anew (Ex): If a Flesh Golem is made from the corpse of a previous character they may choose a single racial trait to retain and may retain memories at DM’s discretion. (Often only partial memories are retained such as memories within a period of time of the Flesh Golem’s creation.)
- Dead Mind (Ex): Flesh Golems are immune to mind-affecting spells/abilities
- Dead Flesh (Ex): Golems do not fall unconscious and are not disabled at 0 hp although often damages sustained can incapacitate them. Removing a Flesh Golem’s head does not kill it, but its body immediately falls limp. Limbs (including head) may be attached by stitching them back on and afterwards they function normally.
- Death Embodiment (EX): Glens gain 10 fast healing due to mastery over death.
- Automatic Language(s): Common
- Bonus Language(s): Rarely Abyssal or Outsider
- Favored Class: If made from a previous character their prior class(es) is their favored class. If not, SRD:Fighter is their favored class.
|Middle Age||Old||Venerable||Maximum Age|
|20 years||30 years||40 years||none|
(Note:Flesh Golems age rapidly)