Fisherfolks (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Fisherfolks are a strange race of humanoid otters.
Fisherfolks are cheerful and merry, always making the best of any situation. This attitude is charming to most, but others find it annoying.
Fisherfolks stand around four to five feet tall, and weigh about 65 - 85 lb, with males noticeably taller then females. They look like furry humans with sleek, otter-like heads and tails. Their fur is always some shade of brown, an they have webbed hands and feet.
Fisherfolks get along well with almost any race, and their disarmingly charming disposition makes most other races take a liking to them as well. They are terrified of drakes and nagas.
Most fisherfolks are Neutral good.
Fisherfolks dwell on the coasts of Albion Proper.
Fisherfolk are not very religious, but many worship Sha'sha, a goddess of the sea and good fortune.
Fisherfolks speak Common and Albionian.
- +2 dexterity, -2 strength, -2 constitution, +2 charisma. Fisherfolks have quick reflexes and are very cute. However, due to their smaller size, they are not as strong as other races, and are not as tough due to their slim builds.
- Humanoid (Aquatic)
- Fisherfolk base land speed is 20 ft. Base swim speed is 40 ft.
- Low-Light Vision.
- Slight Build: the physical stature of fishefolkr lets them function in many ways as if they were one size category smaller. Whenever a fisherfolk is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as Hide), the fisherfolk is treated as one size smaller if doing so is advantageous to the character. A fisherfolk is also considered to be one size smaller when "squeezing" through a restrictive space. A fisherfolk can still use weapons designed for a medium creature. The space and reach of a fisherfolk remain those of a creature of their actual size. The benefits of this racial trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject's size category.
- Breath-holding (ex): a fisherfolk can hold its breath for minutes equal to 3x constitution score before it risks drowning.
- +8 racial bonus on swim checks. A fisherfolk can always take ten on a swim check, even when rushed or threatened. A fisherfolk can use the run action while swimming, provided he swims in a straight line.
- Automatic Languages: Albionian, Common. Bonus Languages: Aquan, Sylvan, Elven, Gnome and Goblin.
- Favored Class: sorcerer.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|35 years||53 years||70 years||+2d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4’ 10”||+2d10||120 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4’ 5”||+2d10||85 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Homebrew → Races