Fire Sprite (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
- Note: I have no idea how to put the image on the right side of the page with the details continuing beside it. If anyone can do that, please tell me how.*
Fire Sprites often are friendly and playful, often mischievous. They enjoy pranks, but sometimes their "harmless" jokes get out of hand, sometimes resulting in burned-down property or badly-fire-damaged items.
Fire Sprites are very small, approximately 6 in. to 1 foot in height, and weigh about 1/4th of a pound. Their bodies are made of living flame, and as such can be hazardous to touch, though they can regulate their heat.
Most races put up with Fire Sprites, simply because they're usually harmless. Some races enjoy their company, and Fire Sprites often get along extremely well with gnomes and goblins, who share in their love of pranks. Fire Sprites are very friendly.
Fire Sprites are always Chaotic, stemming from their connection to fire. On the Good/Evil spectrum they tend to be Neutral, but any alignment along this spectrum can happen.
Fire Sprites have no lands of their own, but are found anywhere there is fire. Active volcanoes are the closest they come to having a native land. Many times a Fire Sprite, or a small swarm, will set up home in a forge or oven in town, and most try to help out in exchange for the room. This "help" doesn't always go as planned.
Fire Sprites typically are not religious. If they do worship a deity it's usually one of fire or creation.
All Fire Sprites speak Ignan as their native language. Many, especially the ones who live amongst other races, learn Common and whatever language their host race speaks.
Typically, a Fire Sprite's name is a term relating to fire. Examples include Cynder, Ash, Ember, etc., but their names can also be based in whatever language their hosts speak (in the case of those living among other races).
- +2 to Dexterity, −2 to Strength
- Fey (Fire)
- Diminutive: As Diminutive creatures Fire Sprites gain a +4 to AC and Attack, and a +12 to Hide, but a -12 to Grapple and can carry 1/4 the weight of a creature of Medium size.
- Fire Elemental fly speed is 20 feet(Perfect).
- Heat(Ex): A Fire Sprite's body is intensely hot, so its unarmed attacks deal 1 extra point of fire damage per HD. Its metallic weapons also conduct this heat.
- Aura of Heat: All creatures within 5' of the Fire Elemental at the end of the round take 1 point of Non-lethal damage per HD due to heat exhaustion; this can be supressed at will.
- Spell-Like Abilities: Heat Metal: AtWill; Burning Hands: 3/Day; Fire breath (6D8, 30 foot cone, DC (10+Cha Modifier) reflex save for half): 1/Day. Caster level is creature's HD. The save DC is Charisma-based.
- Fire Resistance 15
- Takes X1.5 times as much damage from all cold damage.
- A Fire Sprite cannot enter water or any other nonflammable liquid.
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- Immunity to Poison, Sleep Effects, Paralysis, and Stunning.
- Not subject to Critical Hits or Flanking.
- Elementals do not sleep. They recover 1Hp every two hours.
- Unlike most other living creatures, an elemental does not have a dual nature—its soul and body form one unit. When an elemental is slain, no soul is set loose. Spells that restore souls to their bodies, such as Raise Dead, Reincarnate, and Resurrection, don’t work on a Fire Sprite. It takes a different magical effect, such as Limited Wish, Wish, Miracle, or True Resurrection, to restore it to life.
- Automatic Languages: Ignan. Bonus Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven.
- Favored Class: Fire Sprite. Fire Sprites cannot take any other classes.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|15 years||30 years||40 years||+2d10 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||6"||+1d6||1/8 lb.||× (1d8) 1/8 lb.|
|Female||6"||+1d6||1/8 lb.||× (1d8) 1/8 lb.|
Fire Sprite as a Class
|1st||+ 0||+ 0||+ 2||+ 0||Burning Hands|
|2nd||+ 1||+ 0||+ 2||+ 1||Produce Flame|
|3rd||+ 2||+ 1||+ 3||+ 1|
|4th||+ 3||+ 1||+ 3||+ 2||Wall of Fire|
|5th||+ 3||+ 1||+ 3||+ 2|
|6th||+ 4||+ 2||+ 4||+ 2||Fire Seeds|
|7th||+ 5||+ 2||+ 4||+ 2|
|8th||+ 6/+ 1||+ 2||+ 4||+ 3||Fire Storm|
|9th||+ 6/+ 1||+ 3||+ 5||+ 3|
|10th||+ 7/+ 2||+ 3||+ 5||+ 3||Incendiary Cloud|
All of the following are class features of the Fire Sprite.