Enlightened (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
As Native Outsiders, Enlightened live on the Prime Material plane, and must live among the other civilized humanoid races. However, with their elevated intellect, they find themselves disdaining others. They often order people about, as if they are inherently superior (and, in many cases, they are). To other Enlightened, they usually are more civil, taking the air of an intellectual having a discussion with a peer. Unfortunately, sometimes their superiority leeches into their mindset, making them (sometimes incorrigibly) arrogant. Other times, however, they simply surround themselves with intellectuals, and as such remain fairly humble.
Enlightened look extremely similar to humans, with only slight differences. They tend to be taller and slimmer than humans, and have greater probabilities of blond or white hair. They also tend to have fairer skin and blue or green eyes (though other colors are not too uncommon). Additionally, there are rare cases of nearly every hair and eye color, ranging from electric blue to blood red. Another sometimes rather salient difference is that they have nearly translucent eyes, much like a gem. Besides this, Enlightened are close enough to humans that hey can often pass as such - even those with shocking hair or eye color can easily dye their hair or wear colored contacts - or claim to have those color alterations.
Enlightened generally find higher-up positions in society, often in the ruling class, or if not, running businesses in the upper-middle class. Their intellect makes them suited to such positions, even if their lack of tact makes them often hire figureheads (or utilize their innate ability to mimic their deity for important events). They are also scarce, so wherever they inhabit, there tend to be plenty of this type of position. Even those who do not have administrative positions often have intellectual ones, teaching or researching. In this way, they have fairly good relations with their "inferiors", as it is understood that an Enlightened leader will lead to successful business. Their only enemies are the infernal ones - Tieflings, evil clergy and others with ties to the abyss tend to resent their celestial connection.
Any Good - Because of their relation to the celestial realms, Enlightened generally are urged to act in accordance to this plane.
Any that humans are comfortable with. Additionally, their resistance to cold makes them better suited to cold climates.
Enlightened always have a patron deity with a Good alignment, and worship that deity and sometimes his or her allies.
Essentially the same as humans, but often longer or more complex.
- +4 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma, +2 Constitution - Enlightened are intelligent, fairly aware of their surroundings and are sturdier than their human counterparts, but tend to be more arrogant and as such are slightly worse at social interactions.
- Outsider (Native): Enlightened are technically Outsiders, but have made their home in the Prime Material plane.
- Medium: As Medium creatures, Enlightened have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Enlightened base land speed is 30 feet.
- Naturally Psionic: Enlightened gain 2 bonus power points at 1st level. This benefit does not grant them the ability to manifest powers unless they gain that ability through another source, such as levels in a psionic class.
- Energy Resistance (Ex): Resistance 3 to Acid, Electricity and Cold. Enlightened have slight resistance to energies to celestial energies.
- Spell-Like Ability: 1/day — Lesser Visage of the Deity. Caster level is equal to hit dice. The save DC is Intelligence-based.
- Psi-Like Ability: One of the following, 1/day — My Light, Offensive Prescience, Defensive Precognition, Offensive Precognition. Manifester level is equal to hit dice. The save DC is Intelligence-based. Additionally, the last three can be augmented with power points up to half hit dice, for free.
- Automatic Languages: Celestial, Common. Bonus Languages: Any.
- Favored Class: Psion.
- Level Adjustment: +1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|175 years||263 years||350 years||+4d% years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5’ 0”||+2d12||120 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4’ 10”||+2d12||85 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|