Elves, Valenal (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Most Valenal are extremes that exeplify the pack they come from. They are extremely territorial, and will kill an outsider on sight. They are also very competetive, as their enviroment has limited supplies. Only the best Valen survive to adulthood. Those who go adventuring do so in order to gain the skills to survive, or to gain skills and magics that will help their pack survive. Their abrasive, distant personality causes them to be seen as unfriendly to those outside of their "pack" or traveling group.
They tend to have Black, White, Blue or Silver hair with pale to dark blue skin. Most have Blue, Green or Orange eyes. They stand around 5' 4" to 5' 10" tall for both genders. They have to be tough, but lean to survive in the harsh wilds where they've been placed. Most stay in the temparate to arctic enviroments where they are most comfortable. They have extremely sharp teeth and are almost purely carnivirous, eating whatever they kill. They can eat other food, but their bodies need lots of meat. In the depth of winter, the arctic packs go into a state of semi-hibernation.
They are more friendly with Ifaril and Ør'rmol elves than with other races. They are extremely biased against Trolls, Orcs and Avanil, whom they compete for food and territory with. The Valen who live in temparate zones may have alliances with other kinds of elves who live in the area.
Most often Lawful Neutral, but may come from any alignment due to their chaotic, warlike nature and their need of a structured society.
Most Valen live in the High Arctic to the Mid Temparate zones, they cannot survive in tropics due to their natural body temparatures and metabolism differences.
All Valen revere the Alvfaðer, and some also worship the Hero Varshkern Vavrêkell. In normal campaigns they abstain from worship.
Valen automatically get Avanil and Alyvar. Bonus Languages include Commonspeak, Mamon, Underspeak and Draconic.
Valen are always given names from the Alyvar language. Common male names include: Vavrêkell, Inkangash, Tori, and Æthled. Common female names include: Jâlis, Olêa, Shanai, Kristral, and Lavin.
- +2 Strength, +1 Constitution, −2 Charisma: The Valenal are strong and steady, but aren't too great on the finer things in life.
- Fey (Alvblood, Arctic, Elf): The Valenal live in the arctics and are of the Alyvar metarace.
- Medium: They're medium, no bonus for you.
- Valenal base land speed is 40 feet.
- Valenal get Cold Endurance: +4 on fortitude saves in cold weather.
- Valenal have Low-Light Vision up to 60 ft.
- Valenal get +2 Charisma when computing Warmage spells.
- Automatic Languages: Avanil and Alyvar in Afterworld Campaigns; Common and Elven in others. Bonus Languages: Commonspeak, Underspeak, Goblin, Mamon and Orcish in Afterworld Campaigns; Goblin, Draconic, Undercommon in others.
- Favored Class: Barbarian, Warmage.
- Weapon Proficiency: Bastard Sword, Axe, Club
|25 years||+ 0||+ 3||+ 10|
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|62 years||100 years||121 years||+140 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 4"||+2||125 lb.||× (5) lb.|
|Female||5' 4"||+2||115 lb.||× (2) lb.|