Elves, True Grey (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
True Grey Elves
True Grey elves had attitudes and outlook comparable to those of most silvanesti on Krynn and sun elves on Toril—very arrogant and believing themselves to be superior to other races, even elven races. They considered themselves to be the purest form of elf, despite the fact they were a sub-race. Though of course, not all grey elves possessed a snobbish demeanor.
These elves also tended to be highly intelligent, the most intelligent of all elven races according to some estimates, and such a quality was very valued in their society. They preferred to rely more on their mental talents than on their physical abilities.
True Grey Elves bear a resemblance to the silver elves of Faerûn. Standing slightly taller than you average human, True Grey Elves have tall, slim builds and pale grey skin. Their hair tends to be a brilliant silver hue while their eyes were like amber. Some True Grey Elves, known among their kind as "faeries," displayed pale-golden hair and violet eyes.
Out of all elven sub-races, these were among the least tolerant of other races. Grey elves almost never associated with other non-elven humanoids for long or frequent periods of time. And they feared the possibility of other, shorter-lived races tainting their bloodline. However, members of other elven races often readily chose not to befriend them, for they disdained how arrogant and serious they were. Some even felt their behavior and way of life was comparable to that of humans or dwarves.
Because they spent so much of their lives studying, grey elves had many elves of other races as servants for menial and physical labor. Though not harsh, they would swiftly punish any servant that failed in a task or performed it poorly. Some elves of other races perceived these servants to be slaves — if not in fact, at least in spirit — since their servants tended to lack the typical elven love for life.
Most True Grey Elves are born into royalty, thus they tend to very noble and regal. Even being more reclusive and snobby than normal Grey Elves. True Grey Elves are usually some form of Lawful Alignment
Grey elves are a very reclusive people. They highly value this seclusion, viewing it as independence from a corrupting outside world, and would fight fiercely to remain secluded from all, sometimes even from other elven sub-races. Outside of that they spent much of their lives indoors, seeking scholarly pursuits. Studying, researching, contemplating, and writing treatises learned.
Their societies were very rigidly defined, hereditary monarchies. Much like the societies of drow, personal freedom was not valued and movement was carefully restricted, With citizens of their cities being divided by a caste system.
True Grey Elves being the closest relative to their fey ancestors often worship Archfey or other such deities of Nature. Some True Grey Elves find themselves siding with one of the Fey Courts as well. Some deities may be but are not limited to : Corellon, Queen Titania, Queen of Air and Darkness, Erevan Ilesere, Sehanine Moonbow, Angharradh, Araleth Letheranil, Labelas Enoreth. Some may also worship Mystra due to their fascination with magic.
Common, Elven and Sylvan. But they can learn almost any other languages.
True Grey Elves are born into elf families and therefore have elven names.
- +4 dexterity, +10 intelligence -4 strength, -2 charisma: True Grey elves have brilliant senses and have supreme minds. They often are aloof and aren't very social and like most elves are not terribly strong.
- Humanoid (Elf)
- True Grey Elf base land speed is 35 feet.
- Spell Resistance: Elves possess Spell resistance (SR) equal to 11 + class levels + 1/2 Intelligence.
- Paranoia (Ex). As long as the True Grey Elf wears no armor or light armor, they may add their Int modifier to AC.
- Immunity to magic sleep effects, and a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects.
- Low-light Vision: An elf can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Weapon Proficiency: Elves receive the Martial Weapon Proficiency feats for the longsword, rapier, longbow (including composite longbow), and shortbow (including composite shortbow) as bonus feats. Elves esteem the arts of swordplay and archery, so all elves are familiar with these weapons.
- Antisocial (Ex). A True Grey Elf takes a -4 to all social checks (diplomacy, intimidate, bluff, sense motive).
- Spell-Like Ability: 1/day- Analyze Dweomer. At Will- Detect Thoughts, Speak with Plants, detect magic. Caster level is equal to class levels. The save DCs are Intelligence-based.
- +2 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks. An elf who merely passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check to notice it as if she were actively looking for it. An elf's senses are so keen that she practically has a sixth sense about hidden portals.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Elven, Sylvan. Bonus Languages: Abyssal, Draconic, Celestial, Undercommon, Infernal, Aquan, Ignan, Terran, Auran, Goblin, Gnoll, and Giant
- Favored Class: Wizard. Due to their avid pursuit of knowledge and the arcane, they tend to mostly be craftsmen and wizards.
- Level Adjustment: +4