Elves, Moon (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Moon Elves are even less expressive than their more common kin, showing a slight smile at elation or a furrowed brow at loathing. Typically moon elves remain aloof and distant from the world, not getting involved unless they are threatened. Unlike other elves, moon elves rarely focus on one goal with much fervor, preferring to remain flexible and learn many things at once. They are slow to make enemies, slower to make friends, and slower still to forget either. They tend to ignore the insults and berating of others and go on their way rather than give them the time.
Moon Elves are generally taller than their other elven brethren standing between 5'9" and 6'6", they weight on average between 120 - 160 lbs and have pale silvery skin that can tend into faint shades of blue, purple and pink. Their eyes are often a shade of purple or blue, rare cases have blue-green or violet-red eyes. Moon elves almost always have jet black hair.
Moon elves are uncommonly tolerant of the N-Tel-Quess, spending as much time within other races’ lands as they do within their own. While sun elves might wrinkle their nose at other cultures as inferior, moon elves typically feel that the diversity of Faerûn’s landscape as wondrously enchanting. To a moon elf, the insights that non-eladrin often have is a strength that others of their race too often ignore. Rather than shunning outside ideas, most moon elves embrace them and make them a part of their own culture, which often causes other eladrin and elves to look down on the subrace.
However, while moon elves commonly demonstrate a willingness to accept other cultures’ traditions and ideas they generally have little tolerance for cruelty, making them natural enemies of most orcs and gnolls. Likewise, most moon elves share their kin’s open hostility towards Drow.
Most Moon Elves prefer a more open and free lifestyle tend towards Chaotic and Neutral alignments.
Moon Elves are a smaller sub species and do not have a homeland nation to call their own, but rather share the lands of other elves. They tend to prefer the forest fortresses of the wood elves. There are some smaller outlying groups of moon elves in the northern forests who are more primal, but their lands are small holdings and not worthy of much note.
Like other Tel-quessir, moon elves generally worship the Seldarine, otherwise known as the fey or elven pantheon and most choose a particular deity as their patron. Of the number, the goddess Angharradh is most popular, whom moon elves wrongfully identified as a composite figure made of Sehanine Moonbow, Aerdrie Faenya, and Hanali Celanil as well. Unlike other eladrin, who typically think of Angharradh as little more than the god Corellon's]] queen, moon elves see Angharradh as the Protector’s equal. Regardless of deity, moon elven religious ceremonies are, like so many other things in moon elf culture, loud and joyful and even the most pious of the subrace cannot deny that the festivals are often just another excuse to revel.
Common, Elven. But they can learn almost any other languages that they are physically able to perform.
Moon Elves are born into elf families and therefore have elven names.
- +2 wisdom, +2 intelligence -2 strength: Moon elves have brilliant senses and have quick minds. They often are aloof and aren't very social and like most elves are not terribly strong.
- Humanoid (Elf)
- Moon Elf base land speed is 30 feet.
- Immunity to magic sleep effects, and a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects.
- Low-light Vision: An elf can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Weapon Proficiency: Elves receive the Martial Weapon Proficiency feats for the longsword, rapier, longbow (including composite longbow), and shortbow (including composite shortbow) as bonus feats. Elves esteem the arts of swordplay and archery, so all elves are familiar with these weapons.
- +2 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks. An elf who merely passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check to notice it as if she were actively looking for it. An elf's senses are so keen that she practically has a sixth sense about hidden portals.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Elven. Bonus Languages: Sylvan, Abyssal, Draconic, Celestial, Undercommon, Goblin, Gnoll, and Giant
- Favored Class: Any. Due to their avid pursuit of knowledge, of any type, moon elves may have any class as a favored class.
- Level Adjustment: +0