Elderkin (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Elderkin are very old creatures. Often summoned from lizardmen in times of war. Elderkins come into the world when lizardmen attempt to sacrifice each other to summon otherworldly creatures to fight. Elderkins are simply a side-effect from the old lizardmen summoning magic. Elderkin life spans are normally very short as when they reach the plans they are indoctrinated into the summoner's tribes and sent to the frontlines, with little to no combat experience. When wars end remaining elderkins are exiled out of the tribe with no food or equipment, often supcoming to the wildlife. This makes elderkin extremely rare to see.
Elderkins who manage to survive often suffer from a type of mixture of PTSD & Being pulled into reality, given form. Do-to being pulled from the void, the mind forms 'cracks' and 'scars'. They begin to hear voices, sometimes helpfull, sometimes not.. The perception is also altered as they can perceive creatures as a different race or see ghosts/Non-existent creatures.
Sporadic, weird but friendly to new faces so long as it doesn't feel threatened.
Massive and tall, scales cover the whole body. Muscular by nature and with a long tail for balance. They strongly resemble lizardmen with minute differences. The scales shine a memorizing purple and green when exposed to light. The lower neck/belly and bottom of the tail do not have scales. The telling difference from Elderkin and lizardmen is that elderkin are much bigger and 'shine' in next to a light source. The elderkin's scales can change "Hue" depending on mood. The skin of the elderkin is an orangeish-white.
it's often seeing them befriend other races. Other creatures find Elderkin amusing from the seemingly random reactions they will do. It's not uncommon for an Elderkins closest friend to be a figment of his imagination.
Elderkin often chooses to be neutral and rarely become lawful/chaotic good/evil.
Shores, plains, volcanic regions.
Elderkin despises religion, often trying to avoid the subject in conversations.
The elderkin primally speak common but are known to subconsciously speak in eldritch when angered or swearing.
Gor'nal The Birdkiller, Ho'ki Cowered Chaser, Ful'Jul Brass Crafter
- +2 Consitution, +1 strength, -1 Perception, -2 Wizdom: Their big body makes them durable & the scales a pleasant sight. Though the Hallucinations make it hard to tell what is real.
- Monstrous Humanoids:
- Medium: teaming on the border of large
- Elderkin base land speed is 30 feet: Swim speed is 10 feet, expert floaters. Swimmers? Not so much.
- Elderlike Gloom: The appearance of the Elderkin is otherworldy and people find it hard too look away. Your voice adds to this with it's low and soothing tone. You gain proficiency in one Charisma-based skill of your choice. You also gain proficiency in diplomacy.
- Gripping Madness: Despite the appearance of the Elderkin the mind is broken. They suffer from hallucinations often see creatures or hear noises that aren't there. The Elderkin can also see perfectly in darkness but the environment may appear entirely different from them. They may also see ethereal/invisible creatures as ghost-like creatures. (This racial functions similar too darkvision and truesight but with untold side-effects.)
- Keen Scent: Scent is an automatic racial Feat. This works underwater as well as on land.
- Ethereal Mending: The skins seems to repair its self with speed, allowing the Elderkin to regen 1 HP an hour. This will regrow minor body parts but not limbs.
- Custom Fitted: The Elderkin must have armor fitted to her. Armor will cost twice as much.
- Elder's Curse: The Elderkin is unable to draw/write in any legible form. To other creatures, anything they write is utter gibberish. The Elderkin can read their writing with no problem.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Lizzardman, Elderich Bonus Languages: N/a
- Favored Class: Any Melee.
- Level Adjustment: 0
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|750 years||1800 years||3625 years||+% years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||7'9"||+N/a||500 lb.||× n/a lb.|
|Female||4'6"||+1d6||150 lb.||× 1d6 lb.|